TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S - Recent Price Drop

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rik11, Aug 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rik11

Rik11 New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been visiting this forum extensively since I ordered my new 100D last month. I've seen many discussions regarding the price of A, B or C but nothing about the following:

In just one month, the price of the Model S has dropped by 11,800$ in Canada, before tax and incentives (all options excluding rear facing seats). That's a pretty big difference considering that, from what I can see, nothing has changed in the vehicule. I've already contacted my dealer to ask for a price reduction and I recommend everybody waiting for their new car to do the same.

As you can see in the picture attached, the only visible difference seems to be a change in the seats design (see 3rd pic). The new configuration doesn't include the referral code and the options listed have now been simplified but from what I can see on Tesla's web site, nothing seems to be missing. If anybody has more info about the price change, let's discuss it here.

tesla-price-diff.jpg

• Like x 1
  2. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

A large chunk of that price drop is used to exchange rate adjustment by Tesla

3. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

Is due* to

4. Tiger

Tiger Member

5. Navsarin

Navsarin SP100D

Interestingly a loaded 100D in March/April this year was around $148,500 with all options other than rear seats and FSD. Looks like it crept up and now came back to where it was.

• Like x 1