Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Dash Removal/Lift?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to see if anyone has a resource where a service manual for the 2021 Refresh Model S can be found.
There's a rattle under my dash pad that I want to sort out, but I don't want to start taking things apart until I view the service manual.
The SC already made an attempt to "fix" it, so now it's my turn.

Here’s my annoying rattle/tick on the top of my dash between the driver display and A pillar. Anyone figure out how to remove the top dash cover?
I have this too intermittently when the temps swing. For me at least, I'm positive it's coming from the wood trim/chrome area because when I press it down on the wood trim the sound stops. Some sort of plastic fitment pieces rubbing together I think from the car vibration. I'm not sure how to fix it.

@FrenchB4 I posted this video on another thread and one person said they had it too, and was corrected by tightening the HV battery retaining bolts. I wonder if your noise is the same or not. I get a little while moving down the road but more difficult to discern with road noise at speed.

I have identified the rattle in my dash, but I am unable to get to it. In my case, the HVAC directional vanes in the upper dash rattle. I can wedge my fingers to them and scrub them, the the rattle goes away.
I just need to setup a time to take it in to have it resolved.
OR, if someone comes up with a how-to dash removal I might go for it myself.

Reactions: Bloomj

Here’s my annoying rattle/tick on the top of my dash between the driver display and A pillar. Anyone figure out how to remove the top dash cover?
I have what he has :) if anyone figured out a fix, would be lovely.

Also no clue how to access the high voltage battery bolts, but sounds Iike something that can kill me.

Interesting point on temperature changes, but what would cause it when the parts are all plastic?

I had a dash rattle also when new. Tesla removed the upper dash portion and retightened all the wiring clips. They obviously knew where to look and how to resolve. They told me after I picked up the car they would need to change the 2 front shocks as they were also causing noise but needed to order the parts? Could not figure that one out but I let them order and replace the shocks. Quiet as quiet can be now.

I think I have the same buzzing rattle as you guys. It is definitely temperature related as it happens when it’s colder, and not when it’s warm during the day. It seems to be related to that dash speaker grille because all I have to do is gently put my fingertips on that grille while driving and the buzz/rattle stops. The service center suggested the entire dash would have to be removed to fix it which seems absurd. I inserted a little felt tape on the left side between the a pillar and the grille but it wasn’t enough. Anyone else have any success?

My gadd…

Got scared for a minute… that is to remove the whole dash, do you happen to have the instructions to remove dashpad and speaker grille only?

Thanks
JC
I dont. That's all I could find in the service manual when I had access to it. I can't seem to get access back unfortunately.

Edit, I do actually still have access, so can you.
and login.

I can't seem to find just the pad specifically.