Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh, how do I know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if I am repeating, but the popular consensus is that getting the refresh is best. with that said, how do I know whether the advertised S is a refresh or not? On Tesla used inventor website, it does not differentiate. I have read that it's a certain date in 2021, but not sure.

So how can I tell it's refresh on auto trader cars.com or anywhere, since it rarely says refresh.

Appreciate the education

Sorry if I am repeating, but the popular consensus is that getting the refresh is best. with that said, how do I know whether the advertised S is a refresh or not? On Tesla used inventor website, it does not differentiate. I have read that it's a certain date in 2021, but not sure.

So how can I tell it's refresh on auto trader cars.com or anywhere, since it rarely says refresh.

Appreciate the education

The refresh happened around 6/21. But you can tell for sure by looking at the photos to see if there is a yoke instead of a steering wheel.

Well - be aware that everyone used to call the 2016 S the "refresh" from the older nose-cone style.

The 2021 "year" had both the older 2016-2021 style and the 2021-2023 Palladium (the code name). You can also tell by the model name for 2021. The older variant is either an LR+ or Performance. The newer Palladium is LR or Plaid. (Notice the missing "+" or written out Plus). To add to the confusion "LR" was used in 2019 to 2020.

Here's my more detailed timeline of variants: Timelines for Vehicles and Variants – TeslaTap

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Evee and bmah