Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh "MI04"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lunitiks

Cool James & Black Teacher
Nov 19, 2016
Prawn Island, VC
New option code in non-US* design studios: MI04.

According to Wayback machine, it wasn't there on Feb 17. Haven't found captures of later dates, so it could've happened any time between then and today. But it's new that's certain.

Last time "MI" changed was back in March 2018, corresponding to the MCU2+vanity lights (and was it also a tuner change?).

Model S never had a "MI02" code, but "MI01" was the Facelift MS.

So what are we looking at? Interior redesign? Battery changes? Or simply that hogwash we got yesterday with AP changes. Ideas?

* I've checked the Canadian, UK and Norwegian DS. US design studio has a different layout, and doesn't show option codes the same way as the old one does (that "foreign" design studios still have).

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
It's probably unrelated but we noticed that the S with white interior still has a black lower dash but the X with a white interior has a white lower dash, like they previously offered before late 2017.

Just saying it's interesting how some optiond go away for a year or more and come back. Now we see differences between X and S interiors. I don't know if we've really seen that before or if it is a mistake.

We still see MI03 on the Model X build as well.

I ordered a Model S via the Palo Alto showroom on 2/15/2019. The car went into production on 2/19.
The image of the car in my Tesla account changed from MI03 option code to MI04 on 2/25, the funny thing is that they have yet to update the images associated with the MI04 tag which causes the old Model S to appear in its place.

When I receive the vehicle on 3/5, I will the DS and post more information about it here.

Exacly right. The option codes automatically generate the image of your Tesla. MI01 and MI03 gives you the facelift look. Anything higher or lower gives you the nosecone look. So either they're working on a new MI04 image or they haven't fixed their code yet

I wonder why the US cars don't have this code. Maybe something to w CCS charging?

An interesting thought. The fact that it doesn't show up on the X is odd for that, though. Also having it show up in the Canadian site doesn't fit.

Since Tesla is committed to the switchover with the 3, it would make sense to do CCS for the S and X in the EU, but the taillight mounted port seems too tight to fit, I'd think...

New option code in non-US* design studios: MI04.

According to Wayback machine, it wasn't there on Feb 17. Haven't found captures of later dates, so it could've happened any time between then and today. But it's new that's certain.

Last time "MI" changed was back in March 2018, corresponding to the MCU2+vanity lights (and was it also a tuner change?).

Model S never had a "MI02" code, but "MI01" was the Facelift MS.

So what are we looking at? Interior redesign? Battery changes? Or simply that hogwash we got yesterday with AP changes. Ideas?

* I've checked the Canadian, UK and Norwegian DS. US design studio has a different layout, and doesn't show option codes the same way as the old one does (that "foreign" design studios still have).

Where are these option codes shown?

Also having it show up in the Canadian site doesn't fit.

It only shows up on the Canadian (and other) sites is because those countries still have the "old style" design studio which has the embedded option codes. The codes were removed for the new style U.S. Design Studio.... see:

Choose a non-US country in the DS.

Then you can right click the mini-image of the 3QTR view of the car (right arrow button for changing view) > open image in new tab.

Your tab (URL) will contain the option.

Model S
Yep. New nosecose! ;)
compositor