Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Model S refresh mud flaps

Ordered! ;)

Attachments

• D8D6D913-C343-44C0-AD61-29F26025F1AB.png
    D8D6D913-C343-44C0-AD61-29F26025F1AB.png
    595 KB · Views: 136
I ordered a pair but far more of a comparative. Some of the custom designs and alternatives in this thread look they they may provide better protection so I want to get and compare. So far, I am super happy with my finalized configuration/mounting of the PRO-FIT #1 units and think they look as stock OEM as you can get however they do involve drill bits and fortitude to install ;-) The Tesla ones mount to the push-pin that is on the vertical interior of the fender and underneath the body panel. Interesting....lets see.

Received and installed the Tesla flaps yesterday. They look fine but come down so low that they scrape the pavement when moving over speed bumps in parking lots, etc. when car is at 'medium' height suspension. May have to take them off and file 1/4in off the bottom and see if that helps.

Received mine Friday, installed Saturday and can confirm they scrape on just about everything, super low, reminds me of all the lowered cars i've had in the past.

Likely these will sit touching the ground using UP or N2itive lowering links/plates.

Will take a couple more days, but so far it sounds like less rocks getting kicked up under the car, PPF on the fenders is already chewed up so will be difficult to say how much this helps rock chips.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2017
Camas, Washington
Lots of discussion, photos, video in this thread.

I too got them and they drag on everything. What a terrible design. I doubt they even tried them on an actual car before selling them.
Very poor design. Not only do they drag, they don't extend far enough outside to cover tire so that road spray still winds up on the side the car although not as much as seen without them. I also doubt they were tested before selling. I would wait for now before ordering. Maybe they will redesign and provide rear guards that actually work.

Very poor design. Not only do they drag, the front guards don't extend far enough outside to cover tire so that road spray still winds up on the side the car although not as much as seen without them. I also doubt they were tested before selling. I would wait for now before ordering. Maybe they will redesign the fronts and provide rear guards that actually work.

2101Guy

Jan 6, 2020
USA

Robotpedlr

Supporting Member
Dec 17, 2017
Seattle
I installed mine today and disappointed. They are poorly made from rubber and drag the ground while turning.... even in the medium height setting. :(
Just got back from a mellow drive on Medium height. Scraped many times. Can’t believe these factory flaps dont handle any dips in the road or small speed bumps w/o scraping.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC