Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good design for easy install. Not sure if it goes high enough to prevent a significant amount of debris coming from the leading edge of the fender. I’m not sure how much it matters/ don’t know how much debris comes from down below the rocker vs up higher behind the tire?

Ordered! ;)

Attachments

• D8D6D913-C343-44C0-AD61-29F26025F1AB.png
    D8D6D913-C343-44C0-AD61-29F26025F1AB.png
    595 KB · Views: 398
I ordered a pair but far more of a comparative. Some of the custom designs and alternatives in this thread look they they may provide better protection so I want to get and compare. So far, I am super happy with my finalized configuration/mounting of the PRO-FIT #1 units and think they look as stock OEM as you can get however they do involve drill bits and fortitude to install ;-) The Tesla ones mount to the push-pin that is on the vertical interior of the fender and underneath the body panel. Interesting....lets see.

Received and installed the Tesla flaps yesterday. They look fine but come down so low that they scrape the pavement when moving over speed bumps in parking lots, etc. when car is at 'medium' height suspension. May have to take them off and file 1/4in off the bottom and see if that helps.

Received mine Friday, installed Saturday and can confirm they scrape on just about everything, super low, reminds me of all the lowered cars i've had in the past.

Likely these will sit touching the ground using UP or N2itive lowering links/plates.

Will take a couple more days, but so far it sounds like less rocks getting kicked up under the car, PPF on the fenders is already chewed up so will be difficult to say how much this helps rock chips.

Lots of discussion, photos, video in this thread.

I too got them and they drag on everything. What a terrible design. I doubt they even tried them on an actual car before selling them.
Very poor design. Not only do they drag, they don't extend far enough outside to cover tire so that road spray still winds up on the side the car although not as much as seen without them. I also doubt they were tested before selling. I would wait for now before ordering. Maybe they will redesign and provide rear guards that actually work.

Very poor design. Not only do they drag, the front guards don't extend far enough outside to cover tire so that road spray still winds up on the side the car although not as much as seen without them. I also doubt they were tested before selling. I would wait for now before ordering. Maybe they will redesign the fronts and provide rear guards that actually work.

I only need fronts, so ordered these (but for the S) and will see if they fit the refresh. My guess is "yes" since the front fenders did not change with the refresh

I tried installing these over the weekend on my new model S- driver side went in no problem, passenger side the bottom plastic rivet refused to go in at all. Ended up breaking it. Now I have one installed and one not. Service said they are willing to assist.