Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks great! Can you measure the clearance underneath the front flap along with the suspension setting when measured?

Edit: I’d also like to see a profile shot that shows how much of the tire profile they cover. Like this:View attachment 736925
looks great! Can you measure the clearance underneath the front flap along with the suspension setting when measured?

Edit: I’d also like to see a profile shot that shows how much of the tire profile they cover. Like this:View attachment 736925
Here’s my profile picture from my August hack job. No regrets.

B9E4C529-8676-4CD0-81AE-0027528CCDBA.jpeg
8D9D9F76-9525-44C9-BF95-71C6D188B9E5.jpeg

More pics. They look OEM.

I believe this profile will be safe to exceed 100mph, probably safe up to the cars top speed since the flaps do not stick out into the airstream.

I believe I will publish two versions and let you be the choice when you make/design your own.

Here they are with the trimmed profile:
0D33685A-E4B9-4A7C-B34C-ECF8974A2678.jpeg
D3F55878-25CA-46C1-98F2-09CE89512833.jpeg
2047BF9A-3609-40EE-83E9-CBB05812889A.jpeg
AC4665B9-12BE-4EA5-BBA2-15C8D31741A3.jpeg

4405E0C9-11A1-4AD4-9143-BD3FC9096067.jpeg

If you look a really closely, the tire wall sticks out past the flap — BUT THATS OK, the sidewall nor the corner of the tire will throw a rock UNLESS you are off-road OR at the track undergoing FULL cornering at speed (Again, still not an issue as your wheels will be turned away from any flaps you might have on the car.)

The flap covers the portion of the tire that actually touches the ground under normal driving conditions:

32B866F0-F5E8-4279-8D69-7680FE1AAF97.jpeg
18B261A4-488E-41F6-B0EF-331413AF8D6A.jpeg

Reactions: nwd89 and jebinc
Test drive went well. No new creeks or noises that I can tell. I dove (unintentionally) through a few gravel and sand spots on the road that had fallen off of trucks and you can actually hear them protect the car. Sounds like someone is sand blasting a dinner plate.

Took the car on the (empty) highway and got it up to about 105mph and no new noise and I didn’t see my fenders fly off by the windows. 😀

I probably would not suggest going much above 100mph with these on the car, definitely not 200mph (when we eventually can). Definitely take them off the car and put some track tape on if you’re going to do the standing mile or go to the drag strip.

View attachment 736727
View attachment 736728View attachment 736729

I think in hind sight they stick out about a half inch too far beyond the tire, so I’m hoping that when vendors come out with their solution they make it more aesthetic (without sacrificing functionality).

Now… As for selling them.

I already have three jobs (small business owner) and honestly it would not be worth my time to pursue.

However! I might be convinced to cut a few extra sets out for some forum members and maybe you buy me a beer sometime.

As of this moment, I’m open sourcing the design and I will allow anyone to reproduce/use my template to design their own, this includes companies. I’d be happy to send the template to RokBlokz or any other vendor that wishes to produce them.

Send me a DM and we can go from there.
How do I contact you about making these?

They look OEM. Really proud of these now.

Tesla feel free to reach out. 😛View attachment 736986View attachment 736987
(shameless Thor’s Hammer plug)
I would buy a set of 4 of these as well. Great job! 👍 Let us know if/when they might be available for purchase and the cost...we can simply Zelle you the $$. Also -- didn't get to see everything but it looks like these would be simply "no drill" plug & play mud flaps using the Tesla's holes w/ plastic push pins & a screw into the existing fender well holes, correct? :cool:

Reactions: jleonk and Cal1
@iyordanov sorry for tagging, but is this something you could potentially make for folks seeing a M4H4X is going to make the templates available?
Unfortunately I don’t have the machines needed to work with plastics for now. I have a plotter cutter so for the time being I can only do vinyl, PPF, tint etc. basically stuff that comes in rolls and can be manipulated with a plotter cutter. Hopefully one day if the business works out 🤞

• Informative
Reactions: scrapps