Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S seats in model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't be surprised if the bolt holes on the rails line up, but then again the Model S has a legacy-chassis that could be different. I'm assuming the seat-bottom on the Model S seats are longer to provide more thigh support. Model 3/Y seats are small!

Count me in if this works.

A Model S front seat appears to be $3520 new from Tesla at the moment. Color/trim doesn't matter.

Wouldn't be surprised if the bolt holes on the rails line up, but then again the Model S has a legacy-chassis that could be different. I'm assuming the seat-bottom on the Model S seats are longer to provide more thigh support. Model 3/Y seats are small!

Count me in if this works.

A Model S front seat appears to be $3520 new from Tesla at the moment. Color/trim doesn't matter.
But a new seat from Tesla today on the model S wouldnt be the confy Gen2 i figure ...

Looked at this in detail a while back, and my first impression from the parts film was that it might be possible to strip down both seats and transfer Model S seat pads and covering onto the Model 3 frame, and keep all the Model 3 electronics, sensors and harness.

There are plenty of unresolved issues for the brave early adopters to dig into, not least if the seat physically fits and will give a good driving position.

Last edited:
I’d be more interested now to retrofit new highland model 3 seats into the Y. Way nicer, firm, perforated and better bolstering.

Or wait until Juniper Y and order seats for your old Y.
Yeah, they look to be a bit larger as well, with more thigh support closer to your knees.

I've heard that the new Model 3 Highland seats sit a bit higher off of the ground than the last-gen, this could be due to the blower for the ventilation feature. If so, I'm not interested, as a tall person. EVs already have a high driving position from the battery under the floor. Juniper Model Y probably won't be affected as much, if at all, since there's so much space under the seats.

Yeah, they look to be a bit larger as well, with more thigh support closer to your knees.

I've heard that the new Model 3 Highland seats sit a bit higher off of the ground than the last-gen, this could be due to the blower for the ventilation feature. If so, I'm not interested, as a tall person. EVs already have a high driving position from the battery under the floor. Juniper Model Y probably won't be affected as much, if at all, since there's so much space under the seats.
Check or it could just be the flooring under the seat being slightly raised. It is so it the Y over the 3…raised flooring hump..same seats.