Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Sound System Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E75E9204-F602-486E-9588-657AF708763E.jpeg

B5207DBF-26A9-4B80-92A2-705A203DD454.jpeg

A00C7754-7115-4BF0-84C0-8BC4FBCFF958.jpeg

8CAA0CC1-45D7-4094-955E-8630E2E5F8CE.jpeg

This system enhances the Model S UHFS with a much broader stage, tonal clarity and solid bass without damaging the car or requiring modification to factory mounting points or wiring.

System consists of Light Harmonic amplifier, four Light Harmonic door speakers, NVX subwoofer with sealed enclosure. The Light Harmonic amp powers the NVX sub. No need for additional amplification.

The Light Harmonic parts use factory mounting points and mate to factory wiring harnesses. No drilling, cutting or wire splicing. Completely reversible. The amp is mounted under the dash behind the steering wheel and the door speaker locations are obvious.

The NVX sub mounts in the rear driver side alcove and requires one mounting hole to be drilled (hidden behind interior panels). Included custom wiring harness to relocate factory sub connector to NVX sub location built using Tesla parts. Also reversible. I will provide two grills for the sub: one used and one new (not shown in photos).

This is a do it yourself installation for those with good car audio installation skills. Videos online to assist with installation. Total installation time for my system was about two hours. (It was installed by a skilled technician.)

Note: This system will only work in Model S equipped with factory Ultra High Fidelity Sound. Not for cars with standard sound.

Note: I have read online that there may be issues installing the amp in a car with MCU2 (circa 2018). The system came out of my 2014 Model S with MCU1 where it worked well. If your car has MCU2, please consider you may have difficulty with operation.

$1000 + shipping. Portland, OR area.

The door speakers will probably work (door speakers were sold as standalone parts).

The sub will require an external amp. The standard audio doesn’t have a sub amp. NVX makes an amp as do several other manufacturers.

To the best of my knowledge it isn’t possible for the main LH amp to work in a standard audio car. The LH amp replaces the UHFS amp. If there is no UHFS, I suspect the wiring harness and firmware aren’t present. If there is some way to retrofit the car for the LH amp, I don’t know what it is. I don’t have any knowledge that it has been done.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
I prefer to sell the whole system. I don’t know what I’d do with just the door speakers and nothing else. You also run the possibility of blowing out the factory door speakers if you use the LH amp with them. The LH amp is more powerful than the factory amp. However you are welcome to make an offer.

Last edited:
The LH amp replaces the Tesla UHFS amp. It occupies the same physical space and uses the same connector.

The NVX sub is installed separately from the Tesla sub. The Tesla sub wire is rerouted to NVX. The Tesla sub remains installed but is inactive (no wire). I supposed you could remove the Tesla sub if desired but I don't know why one would do that.