Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Team October"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy crap, it did!!!!
It seems at say $90K, they are trying to get closer to a base price of say Audi eTron with ~300 miles of range, bit more luxury in a way, etc, without going too high/over it. The eTron seems to go for about $109K with average package, larger battery, and a nice finish out (but it gets the $7500 tax credit still). We'll see if this is the last increase... probably not.

It seems at say $90K, they are trying to get closer to a base price of say Audi eTron with ~300 miles of range, bit more luxury in a way, etc, without going too high/over it. The eTron seems to go for about $109K with average package, larger battery, and a nice finish out (but it gets the $7500 tax credit still). We'll see if this is the last increase... probably not.
When I ordered I thought based on everything else out there, even with $7500 tax credit that the model S LR was the best deal. That last $5k moves it very close to not being the best deal anymore. They must really have to curb the order flow as supply is challenged.

It seems at say $90K, they are trying to get closer to a base price of say Audi eTron with ~300 miles of range, bit more luxury in a way, etc, without going too high/over it. The eTron seems to go for about $109K with average package, larger battery, and a nice finish out (but it gets the $7500 tax credit still). We'll see if this is the last increase... probably
A base-model Taycan is now cheaper. Not sure that's a position Tesla wants to be in.
I can't get in a Taycan and do a 1000 trip in a reasonable amount of time.

• Funny
Reactions: bananaheim
Ordered 7/26, status has been October the entire time. The day after I ordered, I saw that new orders were saying early 2022. So I think I was close to the last "batch" for 2021, but I am a little worried I might get bumped to 2022 if there are any issues. I told the person I am working with that I would happily drive some distance if it meant getting the car earlier, he said that wasn't possible and it's just "October".

Reactions: kj71109 and cwanja