Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few more pics of ultra red showing up out there on Model Xes.

Model X - Ultra Red <== note around 34 seconds in the shot of the folded mirror shows a hot of what a direct sun might look like
Model X 2 - Ultra Red

From these videos it doesn't really look like a Mazda Soul Red - just a darker red with a bit more chroma and flop. Really still want to see one clean with some direct overhead sun. Heck, as a comparison, my son and his wife have TWO Mazda CX-5s....BOTH in Soul Red, but look how different they appear in this pic (in real life, they are the same)...one is definitely cleaner:
View attachment 918535

Damn that soul red is nice

My order date was 3/8; Ultra Red, MSLR; bay area based. No VIN yet; No trade amount yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised that since the new ultra red came out, they may be producing just this color to catch up (or at least one can hope!)

Last edited:
Just ordered a Model S Plaid in Ultra Red / Cream after getting to see an X in person in Ultra red. I’m not a fan of red cars usually but loved this color. Attaching a few parking lot photos of the X. Better in person. It’s darker and has a lot of depth to it.

Attachments

• IMG_6854.jpeg
    IMG_6854.jpeg
    756.6 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_6855.jpeg
    IMG_6855.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_6856.jpeg
    IMG_6856.jpeg
    658.6 KB · Views: 221
All,

I just started the process of my very first Tesla order, and it happens to be Ultra Red. I am a traditional gearhead with a 1936 Chrysler Airstream Convertible Coupe, a 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock, a 1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, and past cars (just a few of the many) consisting of a 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (my favorite car… EVER), a 1966 GTO Convertible, many Volkswagens (all air cooled) and a handful of Corvair convertibles. As an electrical engineer and professor, I am a dyed-in-the-wool technology geek and am looking forward to melding my love of cars and technology into a single vehicle.

I have watched close to two dozen YouTube videos on Tesla, am of course, familiar with Elon Musk (I worked for NASA in a past life and currently use StarLink as my rural Internet provider). After all I have read, seen, and heard, I am most concerned about Tesla quality issues. With any luck, the lack of quality control issues are both overblown and mostly past… I guess I will find out.

My order is showing a March 2023 delivery, which I cannot help but feel is optimistic, but I can wait.

I have attached my configuration for reference.

Best,

Joe

Attachments

• D61C61F0-B130-4A3C-9179-9040525D7CF7.png
    D61C61F0-B130-4A3C-9179-9040525D7CF7.png
    373.8 KB · Views: 179
All,

I just started the process of my very first Tesla order, and it happens to be Ultra Red. I am a traditional gearhead with a 1936 Chrysler Airstream Convertible Coupe, a 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock, a 1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, and past cars (just a few of the many) consisting of a 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (my favorite car… EVER), a 1966 GTO Convertible, many Volkswagens (all air cooled) and a handful of Corvair convertibles. As an electrical engineer and professor, I am a dyed-in-the-wool technology geek and am looking forward to melding my love of cars and technology into a single vehicle.

I have watched close to two dozen YouTube videos on Tesla, am of course, familiar with Elon Musk (I worked for NASA in a past life and currently use StarLink as my rural Internet provider). After all I have read, seen, and heard, I am most concerned about Tesla quality issues. With any luck, the lack of quality control issues are both overblown and mostly past… I guess I will find out.

My order is showing a March 2023 delivery, which I cannot help but feel is optimistic, but I can wait.

I have attached my configuration for reference.

Best,

Joe

Same as my order minus FSD. Maybe a tip, save the $15k and pay the $200 a month subscription. You can’t get any of that back if you sell car

These forums are designed for owners to talk about their issues Good and bad. And to come up with solutions through the collective wisdom and experience of the community. So no surprise it feels like problems are amplified.

I have owned two model s (2016 and 2018) and just ordered a 2023 (order 3/8, EDD March 22-31). I have had essentially no problems with the cars. Way more reliable than any ICE I have owned (over 22 cars so far!). The biggest issue was the Big battery failing and that was handled in just over a week. This is the reason I have ordered my third S.

Bottom line, stuff happens but in my experience way less than the ICE cars that I have owned.

The help of this community is awesome to address those times when everything isn’t “perfect”.

Same as my order minus FSD. Maybe a tip, save the $15k and pay the $200 a month subscription. You can’t get any of that back if you sell car
Not true. From used car sales values over recent years you'll get a big chunk of that back plus your car will appeal to a lot more people as many folks won't even look at cars that don't have that equipped.

Show me the car that has $15k worth of FSD paid for at the same price as all the cars that don't and I'll show you a car that sells minutes after it hits the market. It's simply doesn't happen unless it's a dealership or something that doesn't know what they have. Trust me, I'm looking for deals like that everyday for the last 5 years.

That said, if anybody out there has a newer Model S or X priced at all the others w/o FSD but with FSD paid for... Holla at your boy! Cash buyer.