Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great! And very interesting. I also ordered 1-18, then changed to Ultra Red to March 10 also. Yet my delivery window is April 13 - May 25. I infer from this that they are making them and prioritizing those that can be delivered this quarter. South Florida would not be possible, hence no VIN for me. Then, at the beginning of Q2, they will run production for off-shore deliveries so they can get on a boat for end of Q2 deliveries there. After that, they will start running domestic production, again, hence my "May 25" end of delivery window. Wish I lived closer to Fremont..... :(
Did you ever have a delivery date that was sooner or did it go from a generic March to the April and May dates?

I’m in the same spot too with the same date.
I messaged them a few times because initially it wasn’t in my app because when I did the order and used Apple Pay, it had a different email address than my Tesla account, so I ended up ordering a vehicle that didn’t attach to my account. I logged into my app and ordered a second one that is now attached to my account, and I’ve been messaging them about canceling the first order. We went back-and-forth for a day or so then they said that they would look into getting it refunded and that was the last that I heard. I threw a couple questions out there about the vin but it’s been radio silence.

Reactions: BlueMoon1217
I ordered March 18th, live in North Carolina, and my order status still shows delivery between March 22 and March 31. This said, I do not believe there is any chance that this delivery date is accurate. It would be interesting to see Tesla’s vehicle allocation algorithm.

Joe

Great! And very interesting. I also ordered 1-18, then changed to Ultra Red to March 10 also. Yet my delivery window is April 13 - May 25. I infer from this that they are making them and prioritizing those that can be delivered this quarter. South Florida would not be possible, hence no VIN for me. Then, at the beginning of Q2, they will run production for off-shore deliveries so they can get on a boat for end of Q2 deliveries there. After that, they will start running domestic production, again, hence my "May 25" end of delivery window. Wish I lived closer to Fremont..... :(

No text message yet, just randomly checked in the app.
Did it show up where the reservation number is now? The last time I bought a Tesla it looked way differently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160912-103437.jpg
    Screenshot_20160912-103437.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20160908-191841.png
    Screenshot_20160908-191841.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 59
This afternoon, my delivery date changed from March 22 - March 31, to a generic “March 2023”. No VIN assigned. How odd that there are April 2023 delivery dates with a VIN, but no VIN for a March 2023 delivery date. Perhaps my mistake is trying to find a pattern based on logic. :)

• Informative
Reactions: CaptUAL
Have you tried looking at the “manage” page for your Tesla and viewing the source code? If you search the source code for the text “vin”:, you can sometimes find the vin before it is “officially” displayed. I am probably not telling you anything you don’t already know.

When I search the source code on my ”manage” page, all I get is “vin”: null

Joe

Reactions: BlueMoon1217
Have you tried looking at the “manage” page for your Tesla and viewing the source code? If you search the source code for the text “vin”:, you can sometimes find the vin before it is “officially” displayed. I am probably not telling you anything you don’t already know.

When I search the source code on my ”manage” page, all I get is “vin”: null

Joe
mine is the same "null"