Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah thanks. I actually wanted to do the drive! I picked up my first MS 6 1/2 years ago from Fremont and did the factory tour followed by the drive down the coast. 2nd lease was during the first month of the pandemic and didn't even enter the home-delivered car for 3 days. Looking forward to driving a Plaid for the first time. the 10k miles is a nice bonus but the promotional lease rate was my big incentive to try and get the car ASAP. Savings is around $140/month on the lease 36/15k. Where are you getting the coating done? I plan on tinting the windows and also based in LA.
I am getting the ceramic coating and tinting done at Fantazy Motorsports in Northridge CA. They gave me a great deal and seem to have a great reputation. If you reach out to them, ask for Zack and let him know that Randell sent you.

I am getting the ceramic coating and tinting done at Fantazy Motorsports in Northridge CA. They gave me a great deal and seem to have a great reputation. If you reach out to them, ask for Zack and let him know that Randell sent you.
Thanks, I'll probably call them today and see if I can bring the car there on the drive back. Will mention your name. Are you tinting yours too? what %? I hear that they don't pull you over for too dark a tint, considering 50% also for sun protection purposes. Love the tint on the stock Ultra Red photos but that looks even higher than 50?

Reactions: TheGuru
Thanks, I'll probably call them today and see if I can bring the car there on the drive back. Will mention your name. Are you tinting yours too? what %? I hear that they don't pull you over for too dark a tint, considering 50% also for sun protection purposes. Love the tint on the stock Ultra Red photos but that looks even higher than 50?
Yup I am getting tint done as well. On my current Teslas, the sides and back are at 10%. Nothing on the front. They have both been that way since 2020 and I have never had an issue with a cop. Not saying it will never happen. Just hasn't happened so far. One of them is the Multi Coat Red, so it gets plenty of attention.

I think the basic rule for cops is they probably won't pull you over for dark tint. However, if they pull you over for something else and see you have dark tint, that is when you will get a fix it ticket. Same with the front license plate. However, a parking enforcement officer will get you for the front license plate.

Last edited:
Yup I am getting tint done as well. On my current Teslas, the windows and back are at 10%. Nothing on the front. They have both been that way since 2020 and I have never had an issue with a cop. Not saying it will never happen. Just hasn't happened so far. One of them is the Multi Coat Red, so it gets plenty of attention.

I think the basic rule for cops is they probably won't pull you over for dark tint. However, if they pull you over for something else and see you have dark tint, that is when you will get a fix it ticket. Same with the front license plate. However, a parking enforcement officer will get you for the front license plate.
Yeah have heard the same thing. No one has front plates and I've never had issues. Tinting rear windows is allowed at any level, the fronts are where the restrictions are I believe. Some tinting companies offer ticker insurance, im assuming thats removal and replacement after ticket is resolved but not certain.

Hah thanks. I actually wanted to do the drive! I picked up my first MS 6 1/2 years ago from Fremont and did the factory tour followed by the drive down the coast. 2nd lease was during the first month of the pandemic and didn't even enter the home-delivered car for 3 days. Looking forward to driving a Plaid for the first time. the 10k miles is a nice bonus but the promotional lease rate was my big incentive to try and get the car ASAP. Savings is around $140/month on the lease 36/15k. Where are you getting the coating done? I plan on tinting the windows and also based in LA.

Is there a promotional lease rate for the plaid going on right now? My lease payment would be 15k/36 months at $1900 something for a red/white/21 plaid

Picked up my SLR ultra red with white interior yesterday evening. I was supposed to get it today but one of their guys called and asked if I could come get it earlier so, sure :) This is the exact color I was hoping for. Both Ford and Mazda use it and I always do a double take when I see one. Surprisingly I couldn't find anything to bitch about other than a spot of red paint that ended up on the passenger door jamb's white upholstery and the streaming music doesn't work. How did red paint get there? At first I thought they must have been touching something up but if they did I couldn't find it. The service guy said they will replace the door panel next week at home. This is my 3rd S and the only one so far without delivery issues. The tilt screen is cool. There are a couple of new bells and whistles I noticed. One of them is a chime that goes off when the traffic light turns green or the guy in front of you moves. Great for my wife who is usually staring at her phone when the light changes. I ordered a steering wheel and I have to admit it is quite the relief from the yoke the '22 had. I just feel more in control. But then I'm old so maybe that has something to do with it...

Marc

Picked up my SLR ultra red with white interior yesterday evening. I was supposed to get it today but one of their guys called and asked if I could come get it earlier so, sure :) This is the exact color I was hoping for. Both Ford and Mazda use it and I always do a double take when I see one. Surprisingly I couldn't find anything to bitch about other than a spot of red paint that ended up on the passenger door jamb's white upholstery and the streaming music doesn't work. How did red paint get there? At first I thought they must have been touching something up but if they did I couldn't find it. The service guy said they will replace the door panel next week at home. This is my 3rd S and the only one so far without delivery issues. The tilt screen is cool. There are a couple of new bells and whistles I noticed. One of them is a chime that goes off when the traffic light turns green or the guy in front of you moves. Great for my wife who is usually staring at her phone when the light changes. I ordered a steering wheel and I have to admit it is quite the relief from the yoke the '22 had. I just feel more in control. But then I'm old so maybe that has something to do with it...

Marc

How is the new pano roof?

Update: Ordered 3/21. MSP. Ultra Red, 19”, Yoke, Beige, Got the message about Tesla Vision no USS., (VIN 5YJSA…5082..). Trade in offer accepted, Insurance-updated, EDD MARCH 30-31 . Palm Springs, CA. Wow- Ordered 3/21 and built on 3/23 ! It will be interesting to see if they really deliver by 3/31 and just possibly get the 10,000 mile free super charging? I’ll believe it when I see it 🤣🤣

View attachment 922578

Note that the SA did not really answer your question or confirm your reply.

Time and again since the last earnings call, Tesla has not commented on HW4 and what it will do. My guess is it is nowhere near ready for the widespread updates that will make it really work.

Update: Ordered 3/21. MSP. Ultra Red, 19”, Yoke, Beige, Got the message about Tesla Vision no USS., (VIN 5YJSA…5082..). Trade in offer accepted, Insurance-updated. Palm Springs, CA. Wow- Ordered 3/21 and built on 3/23 ! Delivery appointment scheduled 0900 3/31! Confirmed yes getting the 10,000 mile Super Charge credit. Going in for Expel PPF and Expel Crystaline window tint same day. Happy Friday 😎👍🤣

new member here.

Ordered - 3/9 MSLR - RED/WHITE/19"
Current EDD - APR 2 - 23

I have a trade in that's been pending a trade in value for 3 weeks now. Texted Tesla and I was told trade in value would update within 21 days of delivery
Really should look at other sales options besides Tesla. If not, TSLA shareholders like me would like to thank you for contributing to the bottom line.

Update: Ordered 3/21. MSP. Ultra Red, 19”, Yoke, Beige, Got the message about Tesla Vision no USS., (VIN 5YJSA…5082..). Trade in offer accepted, Insurance-updated. Palm Springs, CA. Wow- Ordered 3/21 and built on 3/23 ! Delivery appointment scheduled 0900 3/31! Confirmed yes getting the 10,000 mile Super Charge credit. Going in for Expel PPF and Expel Crystaline window tint same day. Happy Friday 😎👍🤣
Really like to see a pic in the sun with the cream, walnut and UR paint shown.

Just to close out my delivery and some pictures, i posted over on delivery model S forum. Here is the post:

A few photos of MSP ultra red next to M3 in regular red. In the sun too! Just picked this up today. Really loving the color, even better in person. Also coming from a 2020 regular S to Plaid this is a different beast…the speed is totally insane, the interior finishes are a huge upgrade.

Attachments

• 79A39065-0972-42DA-981F-89961E83BA97.jpeg
    79A39065-0972-42DA-981F-89961E83BA97.jpeg
    832.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 99F9A5FA-5C8C-4702-A59A-F97A6A137B86.jpeg
    99F9A5FA-5C8C-4702-A59A-F97A6A137B86.jpeg
    945.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 9313A0BF-8D46-411D-BFC9-698B1D2DBD3A.jpeg
    9313A0BF-8D46-411D-BFC9-698B1D2DBD3A.jpeg
    948.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 01835CAE-7EF1-4850-9B1D-BE95E8194F85.jpeg
    01835CAE-7EF1-4850-9B1D-BE95E8194F85.jpeg