Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my gosh.... that is BEAUTIFUL!

If you don't mind me asking, what did the paint correction, PPF, and tinting each cost you? I am looking for a shop to do mine right now (once mine comes in).

Do you have a full side view you can post?

Joe

Just picked mine up from getting ceramic coated and tinted windows. Looks gorgeous. Everyone in the shop said this is the best color Tesla has ever made. So happy. View attachment 928209
View attachment 928210
View attachment 928211

Reactions: TheGuru
I get the excitement of a new color until I don’t. Ultra red is just a rehash of signature red. You can disagree with me fine, but multi-coat red will always be the best Tesla color until the end of time. Congrats to new owners, it’s cool. Case in point, the best multi coat red from 2015 left in the USA. Here…

Attachments

• EE40ED5B-A34B-492A-A3AB-04C63F306D18.jpeg
    EE40ED5B-A34B-492A-A3AB-04C63F306D18.jpeg
    655.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 477F1CA1-2296-434D-B037-EBB8F0AA18C5.jpeg
    477F1CA1-2296-434D-B037-EBB8F0AA18C5.jpeg
    717.2 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: bobusn
I get the excitement of a new color until I don’t. Ultra red is just a rehash of signature red. You can disagree with me fine, but multi-coat red will always be the best Tesla color until the end of time. Congrats to new owners, it’s cool. Case in point, the best multi coat red from 2015 left in the USA. Here…

colors are subjective. I don't share your opinion, but to each their own. Ultra Red looks better to me

That is a beautiful car! To be honest, I would have purchased either color of red, and to really be able to tell which one I like better, I would need to see both colors side by side on a sunny day, partially cloudy day, and at night under parking lot lighting (some of the car shows I go to extend until after dark and I am frequently surprised how different paint looks at night).

Regardless, you have a beautiful car and so does everyone who has the new Ultra Red color!

Joe

Reactions: tesluv108
Good to hear, but I still have a mild case of Ultra Red Envy....

All,

I just received an interesting text from Tesla:

“Hi Joe, your trade-in value has increased since the last time you saw it! To view your increased offer value, resubmit the trade-in task in your Tesla App.

Questions? Reply here.”

LOL. They offered me 24.5k for my Jeep, and I sold it for 38k on bringatrailer.com on Sunday. This is the second vehicle I have sold on bring a trailer and the sales prices have always been significantly more than private party book value.

Joe

Patience, with these inventory levels, you can be picky.

Maybe a small price drop before EOQ2....
I am sure they will offer free Supercharging, premium connectivity, or 6 month free FSD once the EOQ2 drops. I was gonna wait but the current price drop is enough for me and my trade value will only drop as I add more miles. So happy I forfeited my deposit few months ago I saved 20k.

You are probably on Tesla’s “naughty” list, and have you slated for the first HW5 release in 2025. :)
I actually received my VIN last night but my EDD has not updated and have not received any scheduling text just yet.

Maybe it's because they refuse to answer my question as to why they're charging me full price for the Ultra Red when I ordered it while it was still the Multi Coat Red, lol.