Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Vanity Mirror Lighting Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

No vanity mirror light for Model S?

This is a pretty minor inconvenience but still a surprising one given the complexity of these cars. Has anyone looked into upgrading/modifying these mirrors to include a light? I'm imagining a battery powered (or solar-charged) LED as the hassle to wire the light to an actual power source isn't really worth the hassle even given the slight change I might have a booger in my nose ;).

Has anyone added one to a 2016 Tesla Model S 85D?

Thanks.

Hi All,

No vanity mirror light for Model S?

This is a pretty minor inconvenience but still a surprising one given the complexity of these cars. Has anyone looked into upgrading/modifying these mirrors to include a light? I'm imagining a battery powered (or solar-charged) LED as the hassle to wire the light to an actual power source isn't really worth the hassle even given the slight change I might have a booger in my nose ;).

Has anyone added one to a 2016 Tesla Model S 85D?

Thanks.

when did they start adding the new style? i know my 2018 is much better. besides a light, its nicer now with the alcantara cover instead of that ugly flap with a sharp edged mirror. maybe you can retrofit it

I would contact @Herbie65 he modifies the standard sunvisors. There are already wires to plug in. Here’s how it looks on mycar:

954075EC-C4EA-4907-B396-0FF574378A2E.jpeg

I would contact @Herbie65 he modifies the standard sunvisors. There are already wires to plug in. Here’s how it looks on mycar:

View attachment 510224
Hi @Duke-U and @Herbie65 - is this just added lights to an existing visor cover or a completed replacement of the cover and adding a light?

I like my 2012 mirrors and visors - we just broke the covers and I’d love to get them fixed. Thanks.

Herbie modified the existing mirrors and visor. This is already 6 years ago, so he probably has some new tech available. I broke one of the covers and Tesla told me they had to replace mirror plus cover @ 165,- ex. I fixed them myself in the end.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have a work order with Tesla for almost 400 and just found out they would be replacing them with the same, old styl visors. I really prefer @Herbie65 's solution as I like my exiting visors and his mirrors are bigger, but I can't seem to reach him.

@Herbie65 - Are you there? Thanks.