TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X 70D exist?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by USCSD2260, Sep 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. USCSD2260

USCSD2260 Member

Do these actually exist? I thought they bumped up the battery to 75 before any of these got produced.

The reason I ask is because I see one listed for a lease transfer.

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

No, they do not.

3. plasmo

plasmo Member

My auto insurance card shows "70D" because that's what comes up in the computer when my VIN is put in. I have a 60D.

4. USCSD2260

USCSD2260 Member

I figured as much. I may have just encountered a scam of some kind.

2016 Tesla Model X lease in Palisads, CA

Not sure what's going on here, but something very fishy. Might be a false listing phishing and scamming or, possibly even more nefarious, by swapalease.com to get people to pay up for contact info.

5. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

If I'm not mistaken there were a were some 70D delivered, where the buyer had the option of upgrading to a 75D in SW.

6. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

No wait, I'm mistaken. I'm pretty sure no 70D's were delivered.

7. USCSD2260

USCSD2260 Member

That's curious, but at least it offers a plausible explanation of what I might be seeing.

8. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Nope. There were 70Ds ordered which were converted before delivery to 75Ds free of charge, but I'm pretty sure no 70Ds were ever delivered.