Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X AC not working after only 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my X for almost 2 weeks. Took it in to SC for unrelated issue and they found a refrigerant leak under the right rear quarter panel. They seemed to know exactly what it was and how to fix it. The comment I got was that it was a refrigerant leak from a rear condenser connection because the "factory was using the wrong o-rings" for awhile. That sounds very unlikely to me but I can't argue with the fact that it's leaking and am glad they have a plan of action to fix it.

Got my model S last week and AC stopped working with 26 miles on car. Got it in today and they said the AC chiller was bad hopefully have it back tomorrow. Funny enough the guy checking in behind me pulled in with an X he picked up on Saturday and said he had the same issue, AC just blowing hot air.

I’m having the same issue now on my 2020 ModelX which is just 3 months old. I noticed the AC was sort of weak last week but I didn’t expect it to not work at all. Coincidentally this weekend was the hottest weekend in the Seattle area. This is my 2nd X. My 2017 which I still have works like a charm.

Concern: AC blows warm air

I tried the power off (waited for 3 mins) and it didn’t help. Tried 3 times

I just installed Software update v10.2 (2020.28.6.35849ea453e9)

this just sucks that such a thing can happen to a 3 month old car with less than 1500 miles

AC is bad in the X, very loud, multiple people have commented on why the car is so loud, massive fan noise from the front, etc... rear X constantly turns on and off by itself as well....

My Raven X LR (7 Seater - has the larger AC with 3 zones) seems absolutely fine. Use doggie mode all the time too.
I have read numerous complaints the model Y can be loud in the cabin though, something to so with the new Heat pump capability. I had no issues with Model 3 either.

I’m having the same issue now on my 2020 ModelX which is just 3 months old. I noticed the AC was sort of weak last week but I didn’t expect it to not work at all. Coincidentally this weekend was the hottest weekend in the Seattle area. This is my 2nd X. My 2017 which I still have works like a charm.

Concern: AC blows warm air

I tried the power off (waited for 3 mins) and it didn’t help. Tried 3 times

I just installed Software update v10.2 (2020.28.6.35849ea453e9)

this just sucks that such a thing can happen to a 3 month old car with less than 1500 miles

My 5 month old Model S with just over 1500 miles had a bad sensor in the cabin. Took a few weeks to get the part but was able to get it fixed via mobile service. Fortunately not driving much these days. Works great now.