Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at showrooms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our guys in SLC have a red one that was on its way to somewhere but delivery got cancelled. I was told they are trying to get HQ to let them keep it for their tester, but it will probably get sold instead.

Looks like the first time I sit behind the wheel of a Model X, it will be the one that is mine. I'm ok w that. :cool:

Reactions: ModelX
One interesting note...the Model X in the showroom in Palo Alto is now in "showroom mode" which prevents opening and closing the falcon wing doors. The sales rep there said this was done at the request of headquarters to save wear and tear on them (they probably opened and closed 10-25 times a day in the showroom), but doesn't bode well for the long-term viability of those doors, I think.

One interesting note...the Model X in the showroom in Palo Alto is now in "showroom mode" which prevents opening and closing the falcon wing doors. The sales rep there said this was done at the request of headquarters to save wear and tear on them (they probably opened and closed 10-25 times a day in the showroom), but doesn't bode well for the long-term viability of those doors, I think.

I would estimate 10-25 times an hour...

I think this was done for liability as well. Possible injury due to improper use.

The Prudential showroom in Boston had a 7 seat Model X on their floor and a 6 seat Model X for test drives last weekend when I visited. Although the test drive vehicle is a very early founders model that they plan to replace soon.

The Prudential showroom in Boston had a 7 seat Model X on their floor and a 6 seat Model X for test drives last weekend when I visited. Although the test drive vehicle is a very early founders model that they plan to replace soon.

Wonder why they have a Founders Edition. Perhaps they are getting those back under the lemon laws. Our FbR was built around the beginning of the year, delivered three months later after rework, used for about a week between various service center visits and held at the service for about a month now waiting for parts.

My wife loves the car, but I expect to start seeing those early cars showing up as CPO cars after a buyback.

Scottsdale (Phoenix), AZ has one. It is available only for test drives for those with car deposits currently. But with a little prodding, they'll let you explore the one they have without a car reservation--which is what I'll have to do. I really need to sit in one before I go further.

So I just came back from the Raleigh NC store and test drove the X. Dam what a car, now keep in mind this is my first drive in an Ev and it was amazing. the 90D with 4.8 seconds 0-60 is more than enough for me auto pilot is great and for me the breaking is great. By the time I was back to the dealer you could just about drive and not hit the break pedal much at all. The only problem that i have is now im growing impatient about getting mine. I want it now....

Buena Park and Brea in SoCal has X on display and are doing test drives with appointment. Stopped by Buena Park SC over the weekend and they were nice enough to allow me to do a test drive without an appointment. First time seeing/touching an X and first time driving a Tesla. I was blown away by it and now I am looking forward for my X to be delivered.

I might have mentioned elsewhere that Dedham, MA gave me a testdrive of the Model X a few weeks ago and they have a couple of "fleet vehicles" they use for this purpose.

Something else to note, I stopped by the Paramus, NJ Supercharger on my way south. The chargers are on the lot of a Tesla dealership. This lot is filled to the brim with Teslas, including sevral Model X's that appeared to all be sold. I was able to see the Blue/White and the Grey/White right next to each other. The non PUP thus non-vented Ultra White seats look great!

Reactions: King H
Finally, the Corte Madera Tesla store has X's. One on the floor, one to drive (by appointment only, and only for reservation holders if I understood his cryptic delivery). I am a reservation holder, but I have to be honest, I'm unsure now. An underwhelming experience. The doors locked in the up position is a big mistake. Fine, so customers can't close them, no problem but the sales dude should be able to demo in the showroom under his control and supervision. They wouldn't even do that! Everyone I overheard was whispering "They're hiding something".

I'll take a drive to do due diligence but I'm now looking harder at an S or maybe even waiting for a 3. Sales dude says if I ordered now, I'd get it in July. Take from that what you will, but that's pretty fast considering what it once was.

PS: both models at the store are 7 seaters, frustratingly, because I'm only interested in the 6. The full block 2nd row adds to the claustrophobic feeling of the 3rd row, and I'm sure it's better with the open space with the 6 seat config. AT least I hope so. But the fact that the 2nd row doesn't fold flat when you need space is a bummer.

Last edited:
Finally, the Corte Madera Tesla store has X's. One on the floor, one to drive (by appointment only, and only for reservation holders if I understood his cryptic delivery). I am a reservation holder, but I have to be honest, I'm unsure now. An underwhelming experience. The doors locked in the up position is a big mistake. Fine, so customers can't close them, no problem but the sales dude should be able to demo in the showroom under his control and supervision. They wouldn't even do that! Everyone I overheard was whispering "They're hiding something".

I'll take a drive to do due diligence but I'm now looking harder at an S or maybe even waiting for a 3. Sales dude says if I ordered now, I'd get it in July. Take from that what you will, but that's pretty fast considering what it once was.

PS: both models at the store are 7 seaters, frustratingly, because I'm only interested in the 6. The full block 2nd row adds to the claustrophobic feeling of the 3rd row, and I'm sure it's better with the open space with the 6 seat config. AT least I hope so. But the fact that the 2nd row doesn't fold flat when you need space is a bummer.
You really should make an appointment and test drive the Model X, there is nothing to "hide", the car is like nothing else. Definitely not for everyone , but an amazing vehicle nonetheless.