Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone compiled this data into a shared Google spreadsheet yet? I'm making one right now based on this and other threads, but figured it might be nice to create such a document--- though for accuracy I may start a new thread, make the link read-only, and then ultimately require people to submit their data by replying to the "new" post.

Thoughts?

@goneskiian didn't you say you had a spreadsheet started? care to share it so i don't have to make my own? LOL

Last edited:
Has anyone compiled this data into a shared Google spreadsheet yet? I'm making one right now based on this and other threads, but figured it might be nice to create such a document--- though for accuracy I may start a new thread, make the link read-only, and then ultimately require people to submit their data by replying to the "new" post.

Thoughts?

@goneskiian didn't you say you had a spreadsheet started? care to share it so i don't have to make my own? LOL
I do. Here you go. This was started for the info in the "What's your 90%" thread but I adapted it to include the Wh/m info.

What's your 90% and Lifetime Wh/m

I do. Here you go. This was started for the info in the "What's your 90%" thread but I adapted it to include the Wh/m info.

What's your 90% and Lifetime Wh/m

PERFECT! That is more or less what I was starting to create. You broke it down differently than I would have but it looks all there. But I'm a bit confused; though I think I understand. Are the left columns their 90% miles of range? At 90% charge that is how many miles they can travel?

So really you charted that -- but what really matters to me here, what I'm far more curious of would be the wh/mi for 20 vs 22-- so really I can ignore that and just pay attention to those two far right columns, eh?

PERFECT! That is more or less what I was starting to create. You broke it down differently than I would have but it looks all there. But I'm a bit confused; though I think I understand. Are the left columns their 90% miles of range? At 90% charge that is how many miles they can travel?

So really you charted that -- but what really matters to me here, what I'm far more curious of would be the wh/mi for 20 vs 22-- so really I can ignore that and just pay attention to those two far right columns, eh?
Exactly. Like I said, I started using it to track the 90% Rated Miles charge folks were reporting in that thread. Mostly because it's not recommended to charge to 100% all the time. That bit has definitely become pretty meaningless to me too (especially since I no longer charge to 90% daily and have been keeping it well below that as I just don't need that day to day) and more a way to track which trim model folks have (hence the "X" in the column under the model/battery size). I think we were using it to kinda track battery degradation but it's really not even good for that as folks have seen it change with software updates.

Anyway, it is what it is and I'll keep it updated as more folks report their Wh/m numbers. Obviously those of us up North who have taken delivery and just been driving in winter are seeing much higher numbers than those of you down South. Hopefully folks will keep reporting back as they rack up the miles. I'll stay on top of it best I can!

As for tire type, I think that would be tough to track as folks (like myself) have switched tires partway through and there are so many different tires being delivered by Telsa. I'm hoping we get enough reports that the different tire types will get lost in the noise and that a clear (as is now) tire/wheel size differentiation shows through.

Cheers!

Brilliant! Thanks for this!

It would be nice to add some columns to folks who have lighter aftermarket wheels (and only lighter--likely forged--wheels).
You're welcome!

Maybe I'll change it to wheel weight. Hard to keep track though and how many folks actually weigh their wheels? I would guess not many. Then again, the OEM's are a known quantity I suppose.

You can start your own spreadsheet. Most of the folks on this one are on OEM wheels I presume.

Updated spreadsheet to clean it up a bit. Got rid of the empty column that I was using as a place holder to keep track of Wh/m numbers that didn't have a wheel size specified. I just won't put them in if folks don't report a wheel size.

Also got rid of the P100D column as I believe they are all P100D's. At least I don't see how you can order one currently. I will add it back if I'm wrong and folks have received non Ludicrous P100D's. :p;)

I have a 75D with about 2000 miles now. 22" wheels OEM. About 60% of my commute is going at 70-75 mph. 35% bumper to bumper 10mph and 5% local roads.

Average lifetime is 403
My average commute usage is 354 lately.
My 90% is about 212-215
Tonight I did a 100% because of an upcoming long drive and it is 239.

I probably had a little too much fun at the beginning but now more careful of being efficient now.

I have a 75D with about 2000 miles now. 22" wheels OEM. About 60% of my commute is going at 70-75 mph. 35% bumper to bumper 10mph and 5% local roads.

Average lifetime is 403
My 90% is about 212-215

I probably had a little too much fun at the beginning but now more careful of being efficient now.
Another 22"er! Yay! Thanks for contributing!

Yeah, these things are just so damn fun to drive. It's definitely hard to keep from using that instant torque! :oops::p;)

Average lifetime is 403
My 90% is about 212-215

GREAT info! @goneskiian has a great spreadsheet that compiles data, but it is a bit inconclusive for me re: 22" wheel wh/mi data. Your post helps a lot. And the MX CPO 75D w/22s that I acquire tomorrow will soon be addd to this chart too. I wonder, they'll probably have done a master reset-- so I prob wont have any long term data from before my pickup. But instantly I'll have 1200 miles of data in 2 days :p

GREAT info! @goneskiian has a great spreadsheet that compiles data, but it is a bit inconclusive for me re: 22" wheel wh/mi data. Your post helps a lot. And the MX CPO 75D w/22s that I acquire tomorrow will soon be addd to this chart too. I wonder, they'll probably have done a master reset-- so I prob wont have any long term data from before my pickup. But instantly I'll have 1200 miles of data in 2 days :p
I realize there are some strange outliers in that 22" data. In particular @Zapped and @luckyruby. Maybe they'll chime in with updates to their Wh/m.

Reactions: arijaycomet
I'd say high 300s, haven't really found my stride yet. I'm four weeks in and still randomly taking ludicrous jaunts whether or not I have passengers. I have also been thinking about the AP and how it still seems to stop way too late, making me very concerned about people who are tailgating me, or distracted, running into my lead-foot AP AI. Tesla needs to review these sudden stops. I also think it's either using the brake often where I would be doing one-pedal driving or else raising the regen-braking far higher than it normally goes. I'm betting it's wasting my brakes though.

Overall love the vehicle, but doesn't mean I have to love ALL of it :)[/QUOTE]

I'm averaging around 400-440 but UK stop start driving. Interesting 2nd point... I had my Tesla a day and someone hit the rear due to this issue I believe - Although their fault I agree that the braking is late and hard - it was raining and the Tesla has to ways to slow down where "normal" cars have one.. I guess UK is less used to electric cars.. Love it though and cant wait to have it repaired..