Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen plenty of reports that 22s do have a significant effect on range. I'm a bit baffled by @F123456 response just above this one, though. I have a 2017 100D and 327 - 344 sounds about like what I got with 20 inch rims before lowering. I'm not sure what "highway+" speeds means, but it could be that I don't have regular long non-stop "highway+" drives. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what sort of % impact you might expect between 20 & 22 inch rims, but you could compare the fueleconomy.gov specifications on the two and also consider whether or not it has to do with how often/much who is driving each of them.
Maybe it's my tires? Speeds are usually 55-80, no hard acceleration, not lowered, etc.

I have 22,000 miles on my 2022 model x plaid with 20 inch wheel and the oem michelin summer tires and my life time average is 343wh per mile. I just picked up a 2017 100d with 22inch rims for my wife and Its efficiency is way way worst than our model x plaid. Our 2017 100d averages in the low 400's for watt hour per mile. Do you think its the 22 inch wheel or just the old motors on the old model x is just a lot less efficient.
All of the above. Compared to the 2017, the 2022 is far more efficient (dual permanent magnet motors), weighs hundreds of pounds less. The 22 inch wheels/tires suck far more energy, than the low rolling resistance 20 inch tires. I would expect 350-450 Wh/mile w 22-inch tires. Much worse when it is cold. I will add that having a good wheel alignment is extremely important.

My 2024 LR so far. Pretty impressed actually.

IMG_6909.jpeg

I only have about 3000 miles on mine, but so far 251 Wh/mi average. However my ownership has been from Nov thru now, so AC has only come on a couple times so far, and we just don't get extreme cold. I assume my efficiency will drop when Summer really hits.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
I only have about 3000 miles on mine, but so far 251 Wh/mi average. However my ownership has been from Nov thru now, so AC has only come on a couple times so far, and we just don't get extreme cold. I assume my efficiency will drop when Summer really hits. Headwinds and speed had the greates
The energy graph will show you how much was used for a given leg. That graph is quite informative. I think for us the effect of AC was small even driving in the desert summer heat. Headwinds and speed had the biggest impact. Our long distance driving usually is during hot months.