Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Canadian seatbelts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just test drove a Model X with the white seats (so awesome), but I noticed the buttons to release the seatbelts were white as well. I thought we were like most countries in Europe and these buttons had to be red. I'm pretty sure they all are in the S's. Can anyone explain? Is your X seatbelt button red or seat colour? I'm just curious, it doesn't really matter, but it sure looks sweet with the white seats to have all white buckles too.

I just test drove a Model X with the white seats (so awesome), but I noticed the buttons to release the seatbelts were white as well. I thought we were like most countries in Europe and these buttons had to be red. I'm pretty sure they all are in the S's. Can anyone explain? Is your X seatbelt button red or seat colour? I'm just curious, it doesn't really matter, but it sure looks sweet with the white seats to have all white buckles too.
When cornering with these cars, one tends to get White Nuckles as well.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike and Ormond
Ok, I just spent way more time than is justified for this particular issue actually looking through the Transport Canada Technical Standards Document for Seat Belt Assemblies (TSD 209 Rev R if you're curious) as well as the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (C.R.C., c.1038)

It appears that as of June 19 2013 (when this TSD came in to effect) there is no colour requirement for seatbelt latches in Canada. Now it's possible it's mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it, and this seems like the likely place for it. I suspect that's one of the items they've talked about previously in "aligning our rules with the USA" that seems like a slow and never ending process (in fact the cover page specifically states that it is based on the US FMVSS)

Likely the S just hasn't caught up yet as it was introduced before this came in to effect.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: doubeld