Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Car Alarm Going Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had an issue with the car alarm in their Model X? Mine started going off at midnight and has been going off every couple of hours ever since. I have the BlackVue dash cams and no one is around the vehicle. I called Tesla and they are sending the logs to the Service Center.

I have never heard my alarm goes off ... In fact, even when there is a passenger inside and I walked away with autolock, nothing happens. I don't think there is an interior sonar detector. Maybe will try to open the door from inside and try to trigger it.

Last edited:
I saw a post a few week back, in which the window was lowering and raising again by itself. Since the window action is triggered by closing the door, there may have been sensors involved. A service center visit was suggested. Of course, I can't find that post now.

Has anyone had an issue with the car alarm in their Model X? Mine started going off at midnight and has been going off every couple of hours ever since. I have the BlackVue dash cams and no one is around the vehicle. I called Tesla and they are sending the logs to the Service Center.

Yes. The same incident occurred at midnight as well. Responding to my Model X alarm (parked in my garage), I pressed the fob which opened the car and stopped the honking.

Satisfied I solved the problem, I returned back inside only to have the alarm triggered again minutes later I called the support line who indicated they would send a copy of the log to my local service center.

My phone also indicated the alarm had been triggered (twice).

Kind of creepy...

• Helpful
Reactions: flyinghawaiian
This happened to my two week old MX 3 times last night.

Update: Called customer service and they are having the logs sent to service center and "someone will call me back". This needs to be sorted out soon. I'm going to have a a tough time explaining to neighbors why its the swanky new Tesla thats causing all the commotion. The alarm went off at 11pm, 4am and 6am inside a locked garage.

• Helpful
Reactions: HerrJones
Has this issue been resolved for your Model X yet? Something similar started happening with my Model C at 3am-a series of intermittent honks occurred over about thirty minutes. The car is parked in a locked garage. I called the service center and was advised to power the vehicle off. It seemed to work, but I'm hoping by this issue won't repeat again.

-Sleepless in CA
:(

My MX, delivered 3/10/2017, began to have this problem. Passenger door is closed, but display shows an open door. Last night, and twice today, the alarm went off. It appears Tesla still hasn't resolved this latch issue. I still love the car, but this issue was around back in June 2016. I'm a bit disappointed Tesla hasn't resolved this pre-build yet.

I'm seeing the same thing. Very frustrating. For me, it is the driver's side door. Last night the alarm went off and App showed the driver's door open. I went down to the car; it was locked and the door was closed. So, I opened and closed the door, set the alarm again, checked on the App that the door was closed, and went back to bed. A few minutes later, the alarm went off again and App showed driver's door was open.

I'm getting frustrated with these front doors on the X. Everybody is worried about the rear FWDs, but for me those have been rock solid. But, I'm getting problem after problem with the front doors. The auto-present just dings the car next to you. They don't work on a sideways slope (worse, half way through closing on an uphill slope, they give up and swing fully open - dinging the car next to you). And now, they can't tell if the door is open or closed.

Can someone please record the alarm going off and post it? Is there a fairly easy and non-destructive way to trigger it? Mine has never gone off and I'm worried that it won't go off when it needs to.
Leave the driver's window down. Exit the car and lock it. Leave your fob far from the car, so the car won't auto unlock. Go to the car, reach in through the window and open the door using the interior handle. The alarm will sound. Now fetch your fob and double click the top to unlock the car and turn off the alarm.

• Informative
Reactions: markwj and vandacca