Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Delivery Tomorrow - Things to look for

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC...

Thanks for creating this amazing forum. So, I’m picking up my new Model X 75D tomorrow 5/4...which I’m very excited. I would like to know what things I should look for, when going over the vehicle?

Just looking for some advice from other Model X owners out there.

Thanks in advance.

My advice is just enjoy the experience and the car. The checklist is too much and detracts from it.
Agree. Sure, look over the checklist the day before. I did. But at the delivery, look for any dents and scratches. Things that obviously belong on them. I had none. Anything else can be found and fixed later. For me, I had one weatherstripping misalignment.

Reactions: ChadS and Peteski
As above, don't stress over it too much. Look for glaringly obvious faults like scratches and dents. Maybe take a good look at the FWD shut-lines because they probably won't be perfect. Open and shut the FWDs to see if they make any strange noises or rub on the shell when closed. If they do need some minor adjustment (and they probably will), arrange a date to book it into their bodyshop. Then don't worry about it. My LH FWD is slightly misaligned (sits proud of the front door shut-line by about 1 mm) but otherwise works fine and only obvious if you are looking for it. I've arranged to have it adjusted but I thought I'd wait a couple of months for everything to settle down. I've since noticed that the tailgate is fractionally misaligned too, so they can adjust that at the same time. Also noticed a minor trim defect - faux leather delaminating slightly from the panel under the glovebox where it curves toward the centre console. Again I got the SC to order a replacement trim panel - still waiting a month later, but it's no big deal!

Overall the faults I have reported are all totally trivial (I've had much worse on other cars) and the car is just amazing to drive! Enjoy the pick up experience as I'm sure you will.

That checklist is dated and is basically a carbon copy of a 5 year old Model S delivery checklist. Some things are relevant, others aren't.

What you want to look for is obvious things like paint chips/dents, cosmetic items.
The major thing with a Model X is the falcon wing doors. So test those and make sure they don't squeak when they open/close. Model X has motor actuated front doors as well so make sure those open/close without a hitch.

My advice is just enjoy the experience and the car. The checklist is too much and detracts from it. Tesla have fantastic after sales service and have always addressed any issues I’ve had with my X. Enjoy it and congrats!

Thanks for this. I couldn’t agree more. It’s jsut that when you read others having some issues, you get a little nervous that your MX might have the same or more issues. Especially after seeing all that money leave your account...you want everything perfect. Lol. Thanks again to all that replied to my post. I got the 75D / Obsidian Black / Black Interior / Carbon Fiber Dash layout / 7 Seater / 22” Black Wheels / Premium Upgrade / Enhanced Auto Pilot. - Can’t wait to see it.

Reactions: xyeahtony
Thanks for this. I couldn’t agree more. It’s jsut that when you read others having some issues, you get a little nervous that your MX might have the same or more issues. Especially after seeing all that money leave your account...you want everything perfect. Lol. Thanks again to all that replied to my post. I got the 75D / Obsidian Black / Black Interior / Carbon Fiber Dash layout / 7 Seater / 22” Black Wheels / Premium Upgrade / Enhanced Auto Pilot. - Can’t wait to see it.

Sounds like a good combo. Yeah pick out obvious stuff but also make sure you are comfortable, if it’s outside your comfort zone with a few defects make them fix them before taking delivery.

My advice is just enjoy the experience and the car. The checklist is too much and detracts from it. Tesla have fantastic after sales service and have always addressed any issues I’ve had with my X. Enjoy it and congrats!

...exactly the checklist is OCD...and the SC will fix if you find after delivery ...I have had 3 Tesla’s and the SC has always a been accommodating for getting items fixed ..when I picked up my latest XP100D I was amazed at a new 3 owner giving the DS hard time about little things...it’s a car enjoy it :eek:

First of all - congratulations and welcome to the family!

The Checklist is awesome - can be a bit overwhelming - and in my 3 Tesla deliveries no one ever gave me grief for using it.

My suggestions are, though, to closely look at the rubber seals all around the car - particularly around the front of the forward doors around the small glass windows, etc., both my X's had issues there that were easily dealt with.

Only thing that I missed during delivery that had to be fixed later on was a seal on my FWD was rubbing against the chrome trim piece at the top as it was closing (only noticed this after it rubbed away my dechrome and the silver started shining through) - simple adjustment made at SC and it works great now!.

Most important - enjoy it and don't over stress about the checklist, etc. I found defects in my wife's new Audi too, it happens. Enjoy the delivery, asks questions about how things work and don't forget to take pictures of your smiling faces!

First of all - congratulations and welcome to the family!

The Checklist is awesome - can be a bit overwhelming - and in my 3 Tesla deliveries no one ever gave me grief for using it.

My suggestions are, though, to closely look at the rubber seals all around the car - particularly around the front of the forward doors around the small glass windows, etc., both my X's had issues there that were easily dealt with.

Only thing that I missed during delivery that had to be fixed later on was a seal on my FWD was rubbing against the chrome trim piece at the top as it was closing (only noticed this after it rubbed away my dechrome and the silver started shining through) - simple adjustment made at SC and it works great now!.

Most important - enjoy it and don't over stress about the checklist, etc. I found defects in my wife's new Audi too, it happens. Enjoy the delivery, asks questions about how things work and don't forget to take pictures of your smiling faces!

Thanks for this also. You and another user mentioned the FWD, so I will make sure to pay attention to see if I notice anything.

Thanks Guys. And the full tint, chrome delete, Xpel, and PPF for the front will be taking place ASAP. Already scheduled.

Hello TMC Family.

The pickup yesterday evening went very well. Did the usual quick paperwork, walk-through, and looked for any issues. No issues at all. FWD didn’t make any noises like I’ve seen on other Mx’s online.

I will take a closer look at it today to see if I notice anything else.

I’m 100% satisfied with my purchase and service that I have received. And...thank you TMC family for the support.

Attachments

• A40258DC-54E2-4E57-9425-509DFBD11326.jpeg
    A40258DC-54E2-4E57-9425-509DFBD11326.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 121