Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Email: All Rez holders to configure in 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure"... is far different than all current reservation holders will be able to configure.

Since the lower price point X configurations won't be available for a year, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

how do you know it will be a year before the non P cars are available?

It is very easy to powder coat the wheels to the exact shade, sheen and gloss that you'd like.

1Uv1id7enm6uU-kjgvjcaP43L7Vh7y3bUhw-F6KJUEtkcZqa_evkwrUonkQ3wQA2irdzKsfNoN_l5eDFDyPF2LCFvsaiolNnwHJYbs3u1i4wKInhNqhh9TjC8XPXgTHV7j_m5zrjmN5KkhYt3Kou9Z8CX5uDE1uKPjiovbCczaoHlR3bTetARIYpsEu23tzfXQDmpS-DV-mdrxgV4TI9f5O_e04UHO9XbxP0512WKtbOtiJ5-tg7Id51hIBd_9FgwBy0RT2N_NZZY3vmuz3mgHv_96ZrbajbrgFZDPQvsmE_qvnyNgTJsnul8yoQyM6o7JQ4lDCvkeYrPO69Igc1VRJdlmx-QPnnXMsURrugioBXzta_pZtOEm_SvA80np1EgAlubsReeC76cxGNwuSA7TyUCL65KY_khkAtENEVqirVH7Amzn0WvLDit7J0OjLdGXnWTHmda7v-8wuV7Z0suR4EppD8rNlgo-asggD-y-o2QgPmo18ciSTGneq2BhSJYbtBfgSf5WcqrtRHfaeFuENidDozy3mCVpWLabKubQ0=w535-h713-no
Sweet! Thanks!

-CB

I received the email as well, and it seems clear they hope to invite all production reservation holders to be able to configure. That said, I don't think it'll be a thing where we finalize. They'll need to hurry up and get some MXs in showrooms and out and about for test drives if they want production reservation holders to commit.

I'm in the same boat - need to see the car before my wife and I will configure and commit. But extending invitations throughout the production queue will enable Tesla to accomplish two things - for those that have enough information and are ready to configure, Tesla can take their order and build their car (wherever they are in the sequence).

Tesla will also be able to get early feedback from a significant portion of the reserved population on the desired mix of big and small battery sizes, which will both enable them to build the bigger more expensive cars earlier on, as well as more accurately gauge when it's time to start building the smaller battery cars.

My takeaway is that the right expectation, whatever your (the general you) reservation sequence number, that's only a promise of the order your car will be built in IF you're ready to configure when invited. As we get further from the start of the line, then readiness to configure and confirm will pull those individuals dramatically forward in the line of cars that are actually built and delivered.

And I'm ok with that - I think that's a completely reasonable and desirable way for Tesla to manage the business for best success.

If not all ready stated, then how many reservations for MX are there?

Current order will give delivery in latter half 2016--what does latter half mean...

I didn't see any thread on this already so I thought I'd post it. If it's a duplicate, please merge with existing thread.

BTW, looks like they expect all reservation holders to be able to configure by the end of the 2015.

Screenshot of email:
View attachment 97077
Text of email:
Model X deliveries have started in North America. Built electric from the ground up, Model X is designed to be the safest car in its class. It offers a breathtaking panoramic view and distinctive Falcon wing doors for convenient second and third row access. Model X provides 250 miles of range, while achieving 0-60 in 3.4 seconds for superior passing ability.

We will invite the next group of reservation holders to configure in the next few weeks. We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015.

@ larmor - Supposedly 30k+

- - - Updated - - -

My thought is that they may only have the 90 kw version, but you will be able to select from all the other options (ludicrous speed, premium sound, etc) which can lower the cost significantly.

I'm not sure I'm willing to forgo the attractive options to reduce cost just because they haven't offered a lower kw model. Not all of us need the larger capacity battery. I'm with PrticulrJustice on this...I'm hoping the lower end models are available to configure. Just because I can afford the top model, doesn't mean I want to pay more for features that aren't going to provide value to me.

The 3.4 sec is now without roll-out, maybe?! :)

The question would be: would some of the 30k+ reservation holders who are interested in a sub-90 kWh pack be allowed to defer configuring past the end of the year or be forced to cancel?

Model S early reservation holders were allowed a one-time (6 months, I think) deferral back then without finalizing.

I wish tesla would just release the design studio already.

There is so much misinformation going around the media with pricing, availability etc. Some clarity would be excellent for the stock price as well as consumer confidence.

\
I'm not sure I'm willing to forgo the attractive options to reduce cost just because they haven't offered a lower kw model. Not all of us need the larger capacity battery. I'm with PrticulrJustice on this...I'm hoping the lower end models are available to configure. Just because I can afford the top model, doesn't mean I want to pay more for features that aren't going to provide value to me.

You don't have to pay more for features that don't provide value to you, you just have to wait until the configuration you want is for sale. Might be a while.

1) I did not get any email, neither did I get the X invite when it was sent out to pretty much all folks (all reservation holders). I am @16,XXX. I checked my Tesla Myprofile page to ensure emails are opted in.
2) If folks are asked to configure, I wonder if the "Order" option would also show up? and the 7 day timeline to change/commit etc. like with the Model S?

1) I did not get any email, neither did I get the X invite when it was sent out to pretty much all folks (all reservation holders). I am @16,XXX. I checked my Tesla Myprofile page to ensure emails are opted in.
2) If folks are asked to configure, I wonder if the "Order" option would also show up? and the 7 day timeline to change/commit etc. like with the Model S?

You probably opted out of emails at some point wanting to avoid spam/commercial ads. But that also keeps Tesla from sending you the invites and this sort of message, by law. You should call them to update your email preferences if you wish to get these emails.

I didn't get this email and the X invite - I went checked the Myprofile and emails were opted in. The only thing I saw on the Myprofile page that may have been an issues was that neither of the contact preference (phone or email) were clicked. I think this is probably the issue with some not getting the email.

You probably opted out of emails at some point wanting to avoid spam/commercial ads. But that also keeps Tesla from sending you the invites and this sort of message, by law. You should call them to update your email preferences if you wish to get these emails.

I understand and I never did that actually, and was getting emails until sometime back. I was also checking if I accidentally marked them as spam in my gmail account. I have been in touch with a Tesla Sales Advisor on email. Just asked him to check whats going on..