Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Financing questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got our Tesla trade-in value today and got $58,200 for a car that listed at over $100k in May 2014 when we bought the P85. Yes, pre- auto pilot, all wheel drive but the bid was low (at least I thought) so I researched it on KBB, Ebay and Auto Trader (who offered less than Tesla). Believe it or not, these pre auto pilot cars are going for cheap!!! Well, we will get Tesla financing and at least get the RVG if we sell in 36-39 months. At least that is an option.
You said earlier you purchased it for $115. Was that the sticker price or did that include delivery and sales tax. The tesla offer should have shown what % of the original Price their offer represents. How far off was my 55% guess?

If you rely on the RVG next year, keep in mind that they will offer you 50% of the base price (I think it was $70,000 for the base 60 at the time) and 43% of options above that (and nothing for the delivery/taxes you paid.) either way, I found private party sale was much much better deal than selling back to tesla. Worth the extra bit of hassle in my case.

TM offered 53 percent of original configured price. I did not do the details on the delivery/sales tax thing. One thing I noted was that you sold your S85 in 12/15 and at that time I had a $64k estimate from Tesla (at least in the records). But with delays, etc. I am not getting in June (maybe) and so in 6 months, car depreciated $6k. Was told that people buying 60 and 85 not P version. Who knows. But take a look at ebay etc and I think you will find that $60k (maybe a bit more) is what they are getting. Not worth the hassle for $2k. Thanks for the info. my friend.

I'm scheduled to pick up my car in five days. has anyone recently able to get Lightstream to beat the 1.49% from Alliant? I know Telsa is doing a lot of delivery during the month end push. So I want to know the turn around time.

I'm scheduled to pick up my car in five days. has anyone recently able to get Lightstream to beat the 1.49% from Alliant? I know Telsa is doing a lot of delivery during the month end push. So I want to know the turn around time.

I just finalized everything with LightStream today, having started the process with Alliant and LightStream Monday evening. Alliant moves more slowly, taking up to a day to reply to emails. LightStream responds VERY quickly. Money will be in my account on Monday (could have been tomorrow if I opted for wire transfer instead of ACH). We had the cash, so we actually picked up our X yesterday, and the loan will replenish those funds on Monday.

I wanted to use LightStream as the loan was unsecured, allowing me to title the car into our trust (Alliant will not allow you to title the car into a trust until the loan is paid off). Turns out that wasn't as much of an issue as I thought, because in California vehicles are not counted when determining the size of an estate for purposes of avoiding probate.