Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X First Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.../ But why didn’t they include one single full acceleration launch?
They were reviewing the 90D. Launching is less exciting than the performance model. Noticeably softer take off.
It does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. What other seven-seater SUV can pull that off?
Well. 4.8 isn't 3.4 is it? ;-)
It would make for a great moment in their video. Imagine if she were to load up the car with six little kids and then floor it from a standstill...

Here's Nick Murray doing a rolling acceleration from 62 mph in the 70D — a car that does 0-60 in some 5.5 seconds:

EDIT: I tried to embed a YouTube clip that automatically starts at 9:38. That didn't work, so you'll have to fast forward a few seconds to the 9:38 minute mark yourselves...

If that car can get that reaction from him, then imagine the reaction from the CarBuyer presenter (and six little kids) in the 90D Model X…

I have owned my fully equipped 90D for a couple of weeks.I am positively thrilled with the car.I would like to mention a couple of things.The alignment of the hood is out by quite a bit. (Very tight to right fender,large gap to left fender.This really should not be for a car at this price).Secondly,after my first trip to Vancouver,a drive of 90 miles,under 150 km's,A large crease of extra material appeared on my driver's seat.Other than these two items,the fit and finish is top notch.The real blast,though,is when you accelerate.I can't imagine the acceleration of a "performance" model.

Picked up my Tesla Model x 90d in the UK on Friday. Is pretty geared up and its a new driving experience everytime I get behind the wheel. I am going to do a few videos, I have done some already, the brand new models have some minor differences that I will share over time, but these videos include the Falcon wing doors, summon and how the auto pilot handles English country Roads:)

A collection of first impressions from yesterday's launch. I wonder if any of the large, established auto magazines will be allowed extended hands-on time, such as was allowed with the Model S 3 years ago? The Model X is off to a glowing start with the press.
Thank you for your information. You did a great job. Hope that there will be more information shared with us like this in the future,:):)

Hey all - recently purchased model X (75D / VIN ~54,000). Live in NYC so had a quick question for other city dwellers who can't connect to WIFI where they park (I park in covered garage). I am still on software 17.24.28. Any tips to getting software updates more frequently, would love to have a more recent version and sitting/waiting is no fun either. Any tips appreciated, thanks!

PS - Absolutely love the care, have driven to DC and to Happy Valley for PSU/MICH game and its just unbelievable. Even with old software, AP2 seems awesome to me. Handled 99% of highway driving and 99% of local road getting to the game. Saw some ping/ponging that people have mentioned but man is it infinitely better than driving w/o AP.

Hey all - recently purchased model X (75D / VIN ~54,000). Live in NYC so had a quick question for other city dwellers who can't connect to WIFI where they park (I park in covered garage). I am still on software 17.24.28. Any tips to getting software updates more frequently, would love to have a more recent version and sitting/waiting is no fun either. Any tips appreciated, thanks!

PS - Absolutely love the care, have driven to DC and to Happy Valley for PSU/MICH game and its just unbelievable. Even with old software, AP2 seems awesome to me. Handled 99% of highway driving and 99% of local road getting to the game. Saw some ping/ponging that people have mentioned but man is it infinitely better than driving w/o AP.

Go to the SC in NYC and connect to their wifi.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Long time lurker, been watching Tesla since the beginning.

Having a SolarCity/Tesla solar system installed on my house and now starting to take a serious look at a Model X for our next family wagon. The Tesla sales center in Rocklin CA gave me one to test drive for two days (I live over in Reno) and wow. Not only did I not want to give it back, the wife didn’t want to give it up and the kids were mad the “spaceship” is gone now. Now I just have to figure out how to afford it.

My plan is to use it as a commuter car 1-2 times a month for the Reno to San Fran drive (where I work). I know the 100D will make it west bound, and I’ve figured out how to make it work east bound (up the sierras). Incidentally where this thing really shines is going uphill, fast.

For the experienced out there, what has charging done to your electric bill? My current solar system will have a minimal amount of over production, but there’s also minimal room on my roof for expansion.

Also, how is it in the snow? I have zero reservations driving our Grand Cherokee in anything short of a total white out, but how’s the traction control? What’s the realistic effect of cold on range? In the winters over the hill temps can run into negative territory.

Reactions: hiroshiy and ModelX
Long time lurker, been watching Tesla since the beginning.

Having a SolarCity/Tesla solar system installed on my house and now starting to take a serious look at a Model X for our next family wagon. The Tesla sales center in Rocklin CA gave me one to test drive for two days (I live over in Reno) and wow. Not only did I not want to give it back, the wife didn’t want to give it up and the kids were mad the “spaceship” is gone now. Now I just have to figure out how to afford it.

My plan is to use it as a commuter car 1-2 times a month for the Reno to San Fran drive (where I work). I know the 100D will make it west bound, and I’ve figured out how to make it work east bound (up the sierras). Incidentally where this thing really shines is going uphill, fast.

For the experienced out there, what has charging done to your electric bill? My current solar system will have a minimal amount of over production, but there’s also minimal room on my roof for expansion.

Also, how is it in the snow? I have zero reservations driving our Grand Cherokee in anything short of a total white out, but how’s the traction control? What’s the realistic effect of cold on range? In the winters over the hill temps can run into negative territory.

Re: charging, we averaged 1,000 miles per month and I think my kw usage went up about 420kwh per mo on average. I feel like that’s a decent estimate taking into account losses for charging: I would say our X averages 350-360 wh/mi (mostly highway, 20” wheels). In California this was on average $110 extra per month charging at off-peak hours only.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Hi, Im a proud new tesla owner, and this is my first post here, ill get right to it.

My tesla model x p100d was made 08/2018 and i received the vehicle in 09/2018. Midnight silver metallic, 22" onyx wheels, 6 seat no console. Black interior/carbon fiber. All options except "full self drive"

Collecting the vehicle was a rather fast process, while waiting for it to charge i was able to connect to it via the app, pretty neat.

The car looked amazing! I had anticipated this moment for sometime, and had a brief list of things to check and ALL were fine! To this day i have had no issues with anything! (Knock on wood ive only had it like 3 weeks get to that in a sec) my biggest fears were falcon wing door issues and alignment of stuff.

I had my car about a week, been adding accessories like crazy, and ultimately decided to vinyl wrap and chrome delete the car. Unfortunately that left me without the car for 8 days. Have a few more accessories im gonna add that will require a day also.

So.. after i vinyl wrapped the car i did notice a random occasional "glitch" with the passenger front sensor, saying theres an object there that isnt, and while driving the unable to park assist message. Upon personal inspection i think it is due to the wrap which covers the sensor kinda odd compared to the otherside, i smoothed it out myself and it works fine. That being said, i plan to have all the sensors cut out from the wrap in the near future.

Now onto the car itself!
Drives like a dream! So quiet it takes getting used to, acceleration is the same your speeding before you know it! The car does produce some noises at sometimes but most are only noticeable due to the ultra silence! Theres also some things you can do to prevent some noises. The "worst" sounding noise is attempting to turn the wheel while in "hill brake" mode its almost embarrassing noise coming from a tesla, but apparently no harm to vehicle also you can prevent the noise by releasing hill brake before turning.

Automation! This thing can do everything for you! Opens doors, listens to voice commands, it even drives itself! Even without "full self drive" the mode "autopilot" if you have autosteer enabled will drive itself! Very exciting admitingly scary the first few trail runs, but it grows on ya.

The touchscreen controls everything! Never seen anything like it, simply amazing!

Aside from the standard chargers etc theres a few things i felt it needed that i purchased aftermarket:
Touchscreen and dash protector
The law front license plate holder (no drill)
Glove box bumper
Center console wireless charger tray
Dash box sliding container
2nd row under middle front console storage bin
Dash protective mat
All weather floor mats (not tesla brand)
I originally bought tesla, but found evannex to be superior in look and use.

Some vanity stuff i purchased:
Rear lighted T logo
Carbon fiber door handle covers
Carbon fiber decals:
Side turn indicator/camera
Falcon wing doors/doorsills/wheel logo
Steering wheel logo/bottom
Ultra bright Led interior light upgrade
And the one that gets the most attention is the puddle/welcome light under the front doors which now illuminates a tesla logo on the ground.

Ive bought many other things, and if your in the market i can recommend 3 brands
Topfit
Evannex
Rpmtesla

Sorry kinda jumped around in this post, but my overall review:
I love this car! 5/5stars!!

Tesla Model X is a good SUV. It has a longer range than most other electric vehicles, and it delivers outstanding performance. It is also more efficient than most class rivals. The Model X handles relatively well, but the ride could be smoother. Inside, the Model X has spacious front seats, lots of features, and tons of cargo space. However, the second-row seats have less legroom than some competitors, and the interior build quality is a little lagging for a luxury vehicle.

Reactions: Ormond