Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Headroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anybody who went to the launch event was able to see how much headroom there is in the 2nd row seats.

Is it better than with Model S?

I am about 6'3" and hit the glass in the Model S back seats. I would be driving it most of the time, but would rather not screw over tall passengers.

Wondering if anybody who went to the launch event was able to see how much headroom there is in the 2nd row seats.

Is it better than with Model S?

I am about 6'3" and hit the glass in the Model S back seats. I would be driving it most of the time, but would rather not screw over tall passengers.

Plenty of headroom in the outside seats. The middle seat in the 2nd row has to deal with the falcon wing door mechanism above, so significantly less room. Two tall adults could sit comfortably, but not 3.

My son, who is 6'7", sat in the back seat during our test ride at the reveal event with no problem at all. Plenty of room behind the driver. As BerTX notes, he would have been cramped in the middle seat.

I'm 6'0" and sat comfortably in the middle from a headroom perspective. I was unaware of the crossbar above me. It is a tight hip space though, kind of like the middle seat in economy class on a plane but no arm rests to enforce personal space.

I'm 6'0" and sat comfortably in the middle from a headroom perspective. I was unaware of the crossbar above me. It is a tight hip space though, kind of like the middle seat in economy class on a plane but no arm rests to enforce personal space.

I agree. I'm 6'1" and I would not take the middle seat. Head didn't hit, but there is no leg room. In the way back, my head fits under the back hatch glass, but the crossbar for the tailgate hovers over my vision, and touches my hair. Once again, it's not an escalade or Yukon. But still pretty good for a car platform.

Thanks guys, this is really helpful. Glad there is more room than in a Model S which is super cramped in the back for tall people. Otherwise I would see no reason to get Model X over Model S and was pretty close to changing my Sig order.