Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: How do you deal with the small things?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check the passenger seat belt. I had some odd noises that sounded kinda like that one day, and it turned out to be the seat belt not fully retracted and trapped between the seat and door.

Though the disappearing after ten minutes part doesn't fit.
Thanks, but that's not it. That was indeed the first thing I checked as it is really similar to that sound as it occurred on our other car.

I have a really odd noise I wonder if anyone has experienced. Every time I start the car driving off, there's this rattling noise apparently from the passenger side, kind of like a loose rocking passenger seat but it's not. I hear it on slightest bumps / uneven surface. What's odd is that the noise disappears after about driving 10min or so, until the next time I turn off/start the car again.
I have the same noise from behind the front on the passenger side. It's not time dependent but is road dependent. Like you, it just needs a road that is somewhat rough, not bumpy.

I have the same noise from behind the front on the passenger side. It's not time dependent but is road dependent. Like you, it just needs a road that is somewhat rough, not bumpy.
Have you identified it? I am suspecting it might be suspension, but I am not sure yet. The noise is kind of "elastically". Need my wife to help me while she rides on passenger seat.

The fog light has firmware? Who would have guessed?:eek:
Yes it surprised me as well. What made me think that was more the case than not, the turn signal worked if I was in park, opened the front door, and activated the turn signal. As soon as I put it in drive, it immediately stopped. It was very strange but told me anyways that the LED is not out. Yep that remediation came right off the service report. Makes me think that maybe all of those components are somehow matched up with a "driver" of some sort.

I have a really odd noise I wonder if anyone has experienced. Every time I start the car driving off, there's this rattling noise apparently from the passenger side, kind of like a loose rocking passenger seat but it's not. I hear it on slightest bumps / uneven surface. What's odd is that the noise disappears after about driving 10min or so, until the next time I turn off/start the car again.

Does the noise your are experiencing have any resemblance to the attached MP3? This noise apparently is caused by a faulty front motor mount. I would really only hear (and feel) this when accelerating between 30 and 60mph and it wasn't consistent. It would usually disappear after about 10 to 15 min of constant driving. I had to record it and played it back for the service tech on the audio system to be sure he understood what to listen for in case I couldn't reproduce it during the road test. I am having these mounts replaced on the 19th. I am hoping it was diagnosed correctly.

Attachments

• Tesla Noise2.mp3.zip
    334.1 KB · Views: 48
Does the noise your are experiencing have any resemblance to the attached MP3? This noise apparently is caused by a faulty front motor mount. I would really only hear (and feel) this when accelerating between 30 and 60mph and it wasn't consistent. It would usually disappear after about 10 to 15 min of constant driving. I had to record it and played it back for the service tech on the audio system to be sure he understood what to listen for in case I couldn't reproduce it during the road test. I am having these mounts replaced on the 19th. I am hoping it was diagnosed correctly.
Thanks, but no. The noise starts at low speed as well, like simply pulling out of the garage on smooth concrete. It's really driving me nuts. My wife says it might be behind the passenger area though, so I am thinking maybe FWD? Still trying to identify it.