Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been lurking on TMC for a couple of years now, and been anxiously watching the ongoing delays, design changes and early reports of problems. As a holder of a nearly 3-year Signature reservation in Canada, I was often very close to giving up and requesting my deposit back. But I didn't, and on June 9, I finally drove off in my Sig red, 6 seat, black/black interior, ludicrous Model X, and I couldn't be happier. The minor design concerns (no folding second row, possibly superfluous FWD, etc.) turned out to either not matter much, or be pretty awesome. The delivery experience here in Vancouver was great (I was told this was one of the first 8-10 delivered in Canada. Nice!) and I'm proud and happy to be part of the Tesla wave.

I've been driving it for 3 days, and other than some HPWC issues (none fatal, just pesky), it has been a ton of fun and I have no regrets buying my first Tesla, and the most expensive car I've ever owned by a factor of 4. It's electric, it's built on a modern software platform, and it's visionary in so many ways. Just amazing. The build is great, I haven't found any issues that I could note, and everything problematic is just the same things one has to get used to in any unfamiliar car.

I've updated my info on modelxtracker.com and I'll continue to watch the site for news and tips. I'm not much of a poster, so I don't how many more there'll be, but perhaps I'll run into some of you on my travels in the best car ever.

Model X is awesome!
Congrats on your X!

Excellent first post!

[QUOTE="Dutchie, post: 1573100, member: we will try to change the reservation to a Model X.

Are you a Model X convert now..;)[/QUOTE]

Yes I am. The Model S and the Model 3 are just too low. We are a little scared though. It is soooo much money, which involves such a large commitment. It is more than four time more than the most expensive car bought yet.

Confirmed none of the X at the Montreal SC are mine. Apparently, mine ended up being shipped by train and may arrive on the weekend.
It likely wont be shipped to the SC until Wednesday. I can't make it to Montreal on Thursday and my wife can't on Friday, so Saturday is the only option.

image.jpeg

Another one just arrived in Montreal this morning ... A dark grey Sig!

What do you do if you need service when you're back in Newfoundland ?

We are going to be looking at sharing visits from Tesla Rangers with the other Tesla owners here. We are also thinking we will make a camping trip each year and combine that with dropping into the service center.

Hopefully we won't have an issue that disables the car, but we'll deal with that if needed at the time.

I do have a heated, double garage, with lots of space for any work that would require them to come here.

Cheers,

Jon

Hey Sylvain ... How do you know about all these upcoming cars ? You have hidden camera near the DC ? You really are the EV ultimate reference around Montreal !

That would be cool to have a hidden camera! I'm in Montreal at least once a week and stop there for a charge. I have also a lot of friends who send me pictures when they see something interesting! :)

Reactions: Gymee