Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,
My name is Peter and I have a massive favour to ask of any Model X owners out there in the Greater Toronto Area/Southern Ontario. My fiance Tasha and I are getting married August 20th in Cambridge, Ontario and it would mean the world to us to have two Model X's as our "limos" on our special day. Tasha and I are huge Tesla fans that have been talking our friends' ears off about Tesla since the days of the Roadster. It's our dream to have a Model S and a Tesla pickup truck one day. Trouble is we've just graduated university, and are of course no-where close to being there financially. I've managed to find a couple luxury car rental places that have Model S', but our wedding party has 12 people in it (5 groomsmen+groom, 5 bridesmaids+bride), so we couldn't all fit into 2 Model S'.

It wouldn't be who we are to get a gas guzzling limo for our wedding day, so we're wondering if any of you Model X owners can find it in your heart to lend us your amazing vehicle for our wedding day. We would be so grateful, and forever indebted to you for helping make our wedding day so special.

It isn't much, but if you could lend us your vehicle, we would be happy to lend you our 2009 Toyota Matrix, or I could probably ask my parents for their 2010 Toyota Rav4, or 2006 BMW 330i. If this wouldn't meet your needs, we could try and rent you a vehicle that does.

Tasha doesn't know about this, so it would be a surprise for her. I realize this is a big ask, and unlikely to work out, but if there's any chance of this happening I know I have to try.

Sincerely yours,
Peter
PS If you're potentially interested, or have any questions, please email me at [email protected]

When I sold my Porsche, I told the buyer that I needed it until a certain date. All potential buyers were willing to wait but I didn't wait 2-3 months either. I was planning for 1 month (then my DS told me my car would be here within 2 weeks so I had to have it sold in 6 days). I dropped the price $13000 and made one buyer VERY happy and THEN my car went back into production after it spent a couple of days in quality control. It still sits in production. :(

You can maybe ask Tesla what they would pay for your S. Then use that as a backup. Then base the price you want on that figure. Because I needed a quick sell, I decided to sell my very unique Porsche for only $5000 more than what Tesla was going to wholesale my car for. Had I known that my X would be delayed an additional month, I probably would have held out for more $$$ but Tesla has been good to me so far so I am trying not to complain. :)