Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in march DL quoted me £930 when I suepended my current cover. 5 weeks later the same department quoted £2300!
Struggling to comprehend the astronomical increase but there might be a solution when I call the select tesla dot, they quoted £960 back in march.
Age 49
3 year company car no claims

Back in march DL quoted me £930 when I suepended my current cover. 5 weeks later the same department quoted £2300!
Struggling to comprehend the astronomical increase but there might be a solution when I call the select tesla dot, they quoted £960 back in march.
Age 49
3 year company car no claims

Unbelievable! I was previously with Admiral for my S P90D - £1200 - maybe try giving them a call. Sounds like DL aren't giving you any no-claims allowance now whereas maybe in a March they were?

Really really struggling to get any reasonably priced insurance. My wife has an international driving licence which has never been a problem before but for some reason precludes us from direct line. Once you don't qualify for their insurance the rest of the market is nigh on impossible. Currently being quoted 5k plus and also having to consider getting home insurance to be included at additional expense. As other people in this thread are saying this is simply glossed over by sales. It is a central issue.

Really really struggling to get any reasonably priced insurance. My wife has an international driving licence which has never been a problem before but for some reason precludes us from direct line. Once you don't qualify for their insurance the rest of the market is nigh on impossible. Currently being quoted 5k plus and also having to consider getting home insurance to be included at additional expense. As other people in this thread are saying this is simply glossed over by sales. It is a central issue.

Just an idea, maybe your wife could apply and get the UK driving licence, it might just save you serval thousand pounds per year.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Just an idea, maybe your wife could apply and get the UK driving licence, it might just save you serval thousand pounds per year.

A multi car policy might help you?
I finally did this with DL and my tesla quote came down £100 to £1200
Admiral was looking good at £850 but then it doubled when it became aware that a, non-fault accident and a
cancelled claim was showing on my history.
Still can't understand that you are penalised when a third party drives into you ?

A multi car policy might help you?
I finally did this with DL and my tesla quote came down £100 to £1200
Admiral was looking good at £850 but then it doubled when it became aware that a, non-fault accident and a
cancelled claim was showing on my history.
Still can't understand that you are penalised when a third party drives into you ?

Supposedly statistically if you have had an "incident" you are more likely to have another, even if it was a non fault. It happened to me and unfortunately I proved the stats correct by having another one less than 6 months later, having previously been claim free for 15 years plus.