Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this list of invitation etiquette on the interwebs, seems like Tesla was spot on!
Emily Post - Invitation Timing: When to Send Out the Invitations
Emily Post didn't mention weddings. The recommendation is 6 to 8 weeks. A destination wedding requires 3 months. Many send "save-the-date cards" at 6 to 8 months.

The Walt Disney film "The Happiest Millionaire" not only mentions electric cars, but features an entire subplot around misplaced wedding invitations. I enjoyed these lines from the film about the dilemma of not receiving an invite:

"I'm sure there's some simple explanation. We'll certainly take care of it, Mrs. Duke. These little things happen."
"Little things? How would you feel if the Drexels had not been invited?"
"They'd come anyhow. They're relatives."

I made also a late X Sig reservation in the EU, simultaneously with my brother. He got an invitation, myself I have not received any, despite I was one of the earliest Model S Sig in EU and have a couple of other Model S now ... Unfortunately I can't go, but have seen on my brothers invitation it is non transferable ... I sent them an email w/o response until now ... I can't make it, but at least want to make sure they have not lost my email :smile: .... just thinking ... don't know what happens if you register with one guest and you can't do it, if the guest still can enter?

Since I am not getting an invite, but live 25 mins. from the Fremont factory, here my offer: If you're attending and have an available +1 invite, -OR- if you're unable to attend, and IF your invitation is transferable, I'll pay you $100. :biggrin:
(Hell I'll even drive you to the event (even though it would be in an ICE vehicle.:crying:)

auctioning. Any more bidders? :wink::wink::wink:

Can someone let me know the exact email address the invitations are sent from? I seem to be missing some correspondence.

Thanks,

Jon
Tesla <[email protected]>
You can use the contact form to ask them to check that you are on the list. Despite how it may look on your My Tesla profile, it isn't always the case. I had that happen to me with the D event and they fixed my opt in on their internal list.

Tesla <[email protected]>
You can use the contact form to ask them to check that you are on the list. Despite how it may look on your My Tesla profile, it isn't always the case. I had that happen to me with the D event and they fixed my opt in on their internal list.

I tried using the contact form, but after hitting Submit I just the spinning wheel of "nothing happened". :( (Tried with both Chrome and Firefox.)

Here's my personal take on the event having followed the company since late 2010 (total speculation of course)...

Between the factory and the event there's 2.6 miles of public (Kato Rd), yet I would imagine fairly quiet road, especially at that time of the day (only taken it once during the factory event in 2011, so please correct me if I'm wrong).

What if they were to demonstrate the new autopilot's capabilities by staging the event as something like "from the factory to your home" in (semi-?) autonomous mode? Imagine EM behind the wheel doing some monkey business and as soon as the car arrives on stage they unveil all the details...

For several years in a row (supercharger, D + semething else to name but a few), they've used this time (september/october-ish) to unveil something new/big.

I checked out 901 Page Road yesterday and posted my photos up thread. I also noticed on the invitation, guests are asked to park on A Street nearby, not in the huge parking lot around the original large Solyndra factory building Tesla leased at 901 Page. My hope is that a test ride course will be set-up around the huge parking lot? I'll check out the exterior preparations when we get closer to 9/29.

Another possibility is driving people in Model X P90DL's north on Kato Road, which is pretty empty in the evening, through the Tesla Factory's new overflow parking lot "A" at the south edge of their main property, and on to their test track!! Wouldn't that be a fun Model X Ride Event??? (After I stopped by the Factory Store Monday morning, I noticed a dark Model X being put through its paces on the track, probably another new build.) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Any luck? You may have to throw in a coffee stop at nearby Pink Pantherz Expresso drive thru. :biggrin:

Yes, thanks, I'll be there with my 3D HDTV videocam. I'm very excited and can't wait to see the production vehicle up close. Hope there will be rides available like we received at the Model S Factory Ride Event. I've waited so long for this I can hardly concentrate on business... How many millions of hours have we all collectively spent reading and posting to TMC since Thursday, February 9th, 2012?

PS. LOL about Pink Pantherz Expresso drive thru. I've only seen those bikini baristas from the nearby Z Pizza as I don't think my lovely wife would appreciate getting our coffee there due to the distraction. :biggrin: We use the Starbucks drive thru off of I-880 / Dixon Landing Rd.

I think if this was a test drive event, it would be earlier in the day. At most it will be a test RIDE event. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

What I would be hoping for is a schedule of test drive events to be published as soon as some cars are produced for sales & marketing.

I think if this was a test drive event, it would be earlier in the day. At most it will be a test RIDE event. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

What I would be hoping for is a schedule of test drive events to be published as soon as some cars are produced for sales & marketing.

I'd be happy with getting to see the interior choices up close

I agree.. test drives are extremely unlikely. Maybe we'll get the rides. However, honestly, I think having several X's on hand just parked and available for people to sit in, look at the storage in the back, etc., would be more helpful than test rides. In other words, I'd take 10 parked X's over 2 X's available for rides.

I just hope they will have store models shortly after the 29th event. These could have been produced before crash testing and not be road legal so it wouldn't affect the production sequence and wait times. Keeping fingers crossed as I am too far down the list for an invite.