Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be happy with getting to see the interior choices up close
I wonder how many people are expected at this event ?
If there are a large number in attendance, it might be very hard to even get close to the Model X (or Xs ?)
My wife is flying in for a couple of days, ( she has the reservation and is taking our daughter instead of me :crying:) so I wonder if there might be an opportunity to see the Model X the day following if it's too crazy the night of.

If there are a large number in attendance, it might be very hard to even get close to the Model X (or Xs ?)
My wife is flying in for a couple of days, ( she has the reservation and is taking our daughter instead of me :crying:) so I wonder if there might be an opportunity to see the Model X the day following if it's too crazy the night of.

Only Tesla knows. If you call Tesla and ask they might say "Yes", "No", or "I don't know". Each of those responses may not be the truth (Sig holders were told "No" to there even being an event when the actual answer was "Yes" or "I don't know" at the time).

Looking forward to it!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to it!
I'm still looking for a +1 invite. If there is anyone outside of CA who is on the fence about going, let me entice you by covering your air ticket with FF miles :)

Edit: coolcarx has graciously offered to take me. Thanks to all the others who also offered. TMC is a great community.

No invite
Didn't expect one
Not planning on a D to go with our S
But wanna be in the top 100 for the 3 (I know - a matter of pure luck)

....funny - a week ago told a top GM exec that there was to be no 'event' (as I read here), but if there was, I would make him a +1. Was joking with him - but he took the bait acting like a little kid.

Why no invite for Sigs? It's a legal issue! Email Tesla to update your preferences.

My early communication with Tesla Motors paid off. Some might remember my post with the words, "Should this change then I will of course be in touch." Well, since there was a change, Tesla Motors sent another email to ask if I had gotten an invite. Responding affirmatively, I suggested they view the threads about the missing invites. I got a quick reply and Louise with Tesla Motors requested that I share the solution.

"Regarding the invites, thanks for sharing the threads. Some Signature reservation holders have opted out of Tesla marketing emails, which means that legally we cannot send them information about events such as this one. Anyone who thinks this may apply to them can just email us and we’ll update their preferences, then send them the invite. Feel free to share this information!

Best regards,

Louise"

So, please inform Tesla Motors if you feel that a previous opting out of marketing emails applies to you. You might want to start by logging into "My Tesla" and clicking "My Profile". There is a "Send me Tesla updates" checkbox that is checked on my profile.

Check the information at this web page: Privacy & Legal | Tesla Motors

Here is the contact page mentioned on the legal page to fill out a request: Contact | Tesla Motors

Here is the critical information of where to write to opt-in:

How to Contact Us

To contact us with a question or comment, to opt out from certain services, or to request access to, correction, or deletion of your personal information, please contact us:

• via e‐mail at [email protected];
  • via mail at Tesla Motors, Inc., Attn: Legal, 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, California 94304, United States.

I hope the above will assist you. I have also requested another email address if the above one will not help with the invite. I will update this post on Thursday if I get another quick response from Tesla Motors. (Hopefully, Model X Signature buyers have already called Tesla if they did not get an invite.)

The following is more information posted on the legal page about Tesla Updates and the regional events:

Tesla Updates

Tesla Updates are emails that provide more information on Tesla Motors products, services, and regional events. We are requesting this consent on our own behalf and that of our regional subsidiaries. You can withdraw your consent to receive commercial electronic messages at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of these emails. Some emails directly related to a Tesla purchase cannot be opted out of.

If you have questions, please review our privacy policy, contact us online, or contact us using the address and phone number below.
Tesla Motors, Inc
3500 Deer Creek Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94304
(650) 681-5000

UPDATE: Here is the latest message from Louise received at 10:35 PM, just one hour after I sent her the link. The Tesla Motors management works late; this is the proof and I am sure you are all very thankful for their dedication!

"The post looks good and all the methods you’ve suggested for people to opt back in will work just fine, thank you for being so thorough! So many people don’t realize that opting out of emails means they miss out on the really fun stuff we do, so it’s good have something like this posted to remind people.

Updating your ‘MyTesla’ profile is the simplest method for sure.

Thanks for the support!

Louise"

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Mark. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the folks that has fallen into this problem. After three phone calls this week and three attempts to get an invite sent and the marketing comms turned back on (in addition to calls last fall after no invite to the D event), I've decided that I'll be watching the reveal on the livestream. There's a good chance that would have been the answer for me anyway - once we were under a week with no airfare purchased, it was starting to turn into a $500+ trip and was crossing my personal threshold for how much I would spend to be there in person.

Maybe the problem is that I've been calling and talking to somebody, instead of emailing :)

They must have a lot of space available because I just received an invite to the Model X Launch. I'm #6068 in the regular production queue.
You beat me to it by a minute. I'm #6218 and also received an invite. Thankfully I'll be in Bonaire scuba diving so I'm not even tempted to go. I will log on to TMC the next morning, see 27 threads with 1487 posts and decide that it probably isn't worth missing the morning dive boat and simply ignore the whole thing :)

You beat me to it by a minute. I'm #6218 and also received an invite. Thankfully I'll be in Bonaire scuba diving so I'm not even tempted to go. I will log on to TMC the next morning, see 27 threads with 1487 posts and decide that it probably isn't worth missing the morning dive boat and simply ignore the whole thing :)
They must be really hardup for attendees...I'm #16,328 and just got an invite. Think I may go.

Sounds like they must have invited all reservation holders, I got one too. Think the live stream will make for a better experience though than fighting the crowds. If I lived on the west coast I might consider it more seriously.