Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Classic Tesla Treatment of a future customer.

I'm P83 and 2 hours ago receive the official invitation. At the time, I'm driving thru heavy traffic from Fremont to a business appt. in Berkeley.

After the meeting, when I try to RSVP, it says they have filled the event and "stay tuned for more Model X info in the days ahead".

You'd think an invitation would be valid for more than 2 hours? What about time zones and sleeping people?

Thanks to TMC, one of you generous people shared your +1 with me.

Annoyed TSLA shareholder.

Russ iPhone

"Thank you for your interest in the Model X Launch Event.

The event has now reached capacity and we are no longer accepting RSVPs.

Please look out for more Model X news in the coming weeks."

Last edited:
#2565, and no invite, and I would definitely rearrange plans to go. Concerned...

- - - Updated - - -

May have already posted this, don't see it. I'm production #2567 and no invite, which is painful because I really want to go! I'm all checked to receive marketing emails etc. Any guidance appreciated.

Best advice is if you want to go, confirm immediately. I suspect that once they hit a certain number of people, they will stop confirming.

Thank you for your interest in the Model X Launch Event.
The event has now reached capacity and we are no longer accepting RSVPs.
Please look out for more Model X news in the coming weeks.

It's like bonnie can see the future! Quick, give us some lottery numbers!

Classic Tesla Treatment of a future customer.

I'm P83 and 2 hours ago receive the official invitation. At the time, I'm driving thru heavy traffic from Fremont to a business appt. in Berkeley.

After the meeting, when I try to RSVP, it says they have filled the event and "stay tuned for more Model X info in the days ahead".

You'd think an invitation would be valid for more than 2 hours? What about time zones and sleeping people?

Thanks to TMC, one of you generous people shared your +1 with me.

Annoyed TSLA shareholder.

Russ iPhone

So this is likely a no win for them. They did extend it first to Signature holders. Sigs were complaining about the short notice (understandably, no judgment). Then Tesla opened up the rest of the spots to first come, first serve (and as I noted above, reaching capacity was likely to happen, so RSVP quickly - this is not new). If they had kept dribbling out the invites, then people would have been down to only a day or two notice. And that would have also generated complaints.

Glad you got a +1 spot.

So this is likely a no win for them. They did extend it first to Signature holders. Sigs were complaining about the short notice (understandably, no judgment). Then Tesla opened up the rest of the spots to first come, first serve (and as I noted above, reaching capacity was likely to happen, so RSVP quickly - this is not new). If they had kept dribbling out the invites, then people would have been down to only a day or two notice. And that would have also generated complaints.

Glad you got a +1 spot.

I was happy to get an invite. Just disappointed it's the busiest days of the year for me at work (end of fiscal year). I kept thinking maybe there was some way I could swing it but I guess I don't have to worry about it anymore. Just glad I got an invite, even if I can't attend! :biggrin:

I guess I got in just under the wire -- confirmed.

We were driving from WA to TX next week anyway, so this is just a different route (and an extra night).

So, to those who have been to this type of thing, what do we wear? We are in one of the smallest cars around and it will be packed to the gills with stuff and the cat, so bringing nice clothing was not in the plan...

I assume there is plenty of parking available, being a factory and all?

Got our invite this morning at 8:06. RSVPed within 2 minutes of seeing it at :9:10 as wife said "We ARE going". Lucky us - now at capacity. We are coming from Victoria and have no complaints that it is only a few days. We are reservation #CDN561 - must be about P10,000. Have a MS85 and a MS85D.

See you all there.

Have to drive a stinker from SFO. No EV's for rent.