Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's see today is about the last day you could order an S and get delivery in Q4. I believe the timing of the invites was totally " competent " and designed to not reduce 4th Quarter S sales.

Design Studio says late November delivery for all but 70 RWD, which is December delivery.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a streaming event is a huge benefit for those of you in Europe, I would think.

Assuming they want to stay up til 3am to watch it.

Bonnie, do you have a clue as to what the agenda will for the event on the 29th? Because if it is just a rollout of a MX on a stage with Elon making a few comments, not sure it will be a good investment of time. Any indication that there will be several floor models that we can sit in and explore? Sounds like a large crowd, and I'm really not interested in watching a "D" type extravaganza. Come on, you know. You're the Queen, you have to know!:smile:

No idea, Bill. But I doubt there will be several floor models to explore, maybe one or two at best -- only because I know they're focused on building customer vehicles right now. Just a guess. I have no knowledge of the agenda, etc.

I almost didn't go, since I'm out of town all next week & couldn't find any flights that wouldn't be a major hassle. But I now have an easy flight in and out, thanks to another forum member, so I'll be there. I guess what I'm saying is that while I LOVE Tesla parties, if the reason you're going is to see an X up close, you might wait until they have one in the store here or you can swing by my house to see mine.

It doesn't matter because I wouldn't go anyway (and no doubt would have replied too late even if I wanted to), but I didn't get an invite. I have a Roadster, a Sig S, a Model X reservation under 5,000, and yes I am on the list to receive marketing information. And the email client I am using does not put messages in to a Junk folder. Tesla just seems to have a little trouble with their email database.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they sent invites to all remaining reservation holders this morning. Within two hours, they reached capacity and stopped accepting RSVPs. I thought about it for a while but couldn't afford to take all of Wednesday off to fly back since it's the end of the fiscal year and I'm swamped at work. By the time I found a flight that would work, I could no longer RSVP.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive an invite though. Next time, I'm going!

No invite for me, I am 16XXX.

No idea, Bill. But I doubt there will be several floor models to explore, maybe one or two at best -- only because I know they're focused on building customer vehicles right now. Just a guess. I have no knowledge of the agenda, etc.

I almost didn't go, since I'm out of town all next week & couldn't find any flights that wouldn't be a major hassle. But I now have an easy flight in and out, thanks to another forum member, so I'll be there. I guess what I'm saying is that while I LOVE Tesla parties, if the reason you're going is to see an X up close, you might wait until they have one in the store here or you can swing by my house to see mine.
So you think that there will be one Model X on the stage and not available to see other than from 100 feet away? Will they let you take pictures?

It doesn't matter because I wouldn't go anyway (and no doubt would have replied too late even if I wanted to), but I didn't get an invite. I have a Roadster, a Sig S, a Model X reservation under 5,000, and yes I am on the list to receive marketing information. And the email client I am using does not put messages in to a Junk folder. Tesla just seems to have a little trouble with their email database.
It's run by the same intern that did the algorithm for the email on excess SC usage, I'm guessing.

It's run by the same intern that did the algorithm for the email on excess SC usage, I'm guessing.
Or the other intern who sends out invites when they open new superchargers. I have now twice been invited to supercharger openings the day after said opening. I have not been invited to the openings of the two superchargers closest to me but have been invited to the opening of a supercharger to which I back then couldn't have driven in my Model S without charging over night at camp grounds... :)

Best event they've ever done, IMHO, was the "Get Amped" one at Fremont in the early summer of 2012. That's when I confirmed my order for my MS. But of course, there was no stage or spotlights for Elon.:wink:

Guess I'm getting testy in my old age.

So you think that there will be one Model X on the stage and not available to see other than from 100 feet away? Will they let you take pictures?

No idea, just guessing that this is not the same as the drive events, where we could get closer looks at everything. Maybe there will be seats and finishes available to inspect. Maybe a beta or two on the floor. I simply don't know.

I do think there will be drive events scheduled in the near term.

No idea, just guessing that this is not the same as the drive events, where we could get closer looks at everything. Maybe there will be seats and finishes available to inspect. Maybe a beta or two on the floor. I simply don't know.

I do think there will be drive events scheduled in the near term.

With the drive events, do you know if priority is given to those with orders or reservations or are they open to anyone who signs up?