Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X locked but won't turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed this today (even after software upgrade), the car will not turn off immediately after pressing either lock on the app, or triple click on the key fob though it will lock.

So, the headlight remains on for a while, then it will eventually goes off, then the 17" screen and the driver dashboard remains on, also the mirror doesn't folded back.

Noticed this today (even after software upgrade), the car will not turn off immediately after pressing either lock on the app, or triple click on the key fob though it will lock.

So, the headlight remains on for a while, then it will eventually goes off, then the 17" screen and the driver dashboard remains on, also the mirror doesn't folded back.

You just have to walk away. It is automatic. See the chapter in the manual "Doors, Keyless Locking and Unlocking."

The operation of the lights is also configurable.

• Informative
Reactions: Evoforce
Update: went to the service center this morning, they said the driver seat failed to detect the occupancy of the seat therefore everything remains on, they have ordered a seat for me which will take one month to arrive ... now the only option is to manually "poweroff" the car but to lock it, the dashboard will remain on. :-(

It can also be cause by crawling out another door.. if you need to do this you have to open the drivers door and close it after you get out.
That's not an option when you're crawling out another door because the driver door won't open. There is a workaround I figured out, but I don't remember it. Regardless, the workaround probably wouldn't work in OP's (long since resolved, I'm sure) situation where the driver occupancy sensor incorrectly insists there is a driver.