Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X lug nut torque specification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ohmman. Four months for a response? Everyone must be on Tesla time. To answer your question, yes, 175nm or 129'lbs.
Just received my vehicle which now has 48 miles on the odometer & I wish to torque to specs after reaching 50 miles. I went to the owner's manual to determine the required torque & surprise surprise, its not listed. Is this a hint as to what is to come?

Bye the way, Maximum Plaid Member. there is a rumour out there that the Model X now comes with 61hp more that the Model S. Although the X is 600 lbs heavier, the vehicles have almost identical acceleration curves. It appears that the tow package was the initial reason for more power. You can leave your trunk insignia P90D, but I think I will change mine to P93.5D.

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: vandacca and ohmman
I have a minor leak in one of my MX tires as such took it to my local Tire center (a national chain).

Ran into an issue where they did not have the Lug Nut torque specifications for the Model X. Interesting to note that, I could not find them in my online as well as PDF owners manual. My local Tesla service center and Roadside assistance confirmed the 129 lbs-ft, but weren't able to point to ANY Tesla written documentation for the Model X, for the tire shop to work on.

Here's more - the Owner's manual index (Page 194) has torque specifications pointing to Page 172, but nothing on Page 172 or even in the wheel specs (Page 175), are Lug Nut torque specifications supplied.

My guess is that due to lack of documentation, the national chain tire shop has not updated their m&ps for tire technicians. Tire shop required this before they could work on the MX.

Does anyone else find this frustrating ?o_O