Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Non Staggered setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i pulled a wheel off the car yesterday to take a closer look. I think think the studs are long enough to safely add any spacer. based what I have seen I think the only real approach here is:

1. 20x9 square, no spacers required
2. 20x9.5 square, bolt on wheel spacers

with #2, since a bolt on spacer will be required, I need to check how much space is avail on the outside of the wheel (since we aren't concerned with the inside clearance anymore)

detdds, I'm running exactly what you asked in your original post. 20 x 9 inch rims from TSportline all the way around and 275/45R-20 Continental CrossContact LX Sport tires from TireRack. This setup works well. I have 21K miles on the tires now and have been rotating them every 6-8K miles. Here's what the car looks like. View attachment 402783
I know this is an old thread, but if you still around, can you post any updates? I'm about to get myself 20x9 and 265/45 R20 all around. Don't know if I want 275/45 or 265/45 all around

What is the reason? Isn't 275 less efficient ? Any hit on efficiency with your setup? What wheel width and offset, 20x9?
The main reason just being I like more rubber on the road. My efficiency is very good, I don’t actively keep score but on my winter tires my 30 mile averages on the screen shows between about 290-380. I don’t get off the island much so most of my driving is under 60 mph but I do haul 450-700 lbs for a day every 2 weeks. I almost always precondition.
Thinking 265/45 square was as big as I could go, I bought 20x8.5 rims. I don’t know if 275’s on those would work or not. I don’t remember the offset but 35 sounds familiar.

The main reason just being I like more rubber on the road. My efficiency is very good, I don’t actively keep score but on my winter tires my 30 mile averages on the screen shows between about 290-380. I don’t get off the island much so most of my driving is under 60 mph but I do haul 450-700 lbs for a day every 2 weeks. I almost always precondition.
Thinking 265/45 square was as big as I could go, I bought 20x8.5 rims. I don’t know if 275’s on those would work or not. I don’t remember the offset but 35 sounds familiar.
thank you! I'm about to get 20x9 ET30 all around, 275/45 square setup. My X gets 380-420 for my 70 mile commute :( I drive around 70 mph. Thanks for the info!