Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Only Charges to 190 at Bay Plaza - Bronx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More details might be helpful.
It just stopped charging at 190 miles even though you had set it to charge higher?
Was the charging kW power typical up until it stopped?
Did you try a different stall?
How many other cars charging while you were there?

these are all excellent questions concerning items that I should have included in my request - my apologies.
1. Yes, it stopped at 190 after I received the usual time warnings on my phone.
2. Yes, the charging KW power was the same as it is always
3. I went to a different stall each time
4. Each time it was one other car charging as well.

When I charge there again this weekend, I"ll change the limit to 'max' to see how far I can go. If I reach the usual 227 miles (80%)
At one time I started charging with 40 miles left - the second time I started with little over 100 miles left. The charging ceased both times at the same place - exactly.
I could ask another driver, but the stations are in the parking lot of a Macy's and everyone goes inside the mall to pay the $3.00 charge and use the facilities, etc.

Thanks!

......The charging ceased both times at the same place - exactly...

So if you set your car to 80% charge, does it charge all the way to 80% charge then gives you the message "Charge Complete"?

Or when you set it at 80% and it stops charging at 70% then gives you the message "Charge Complete"?

Or are you talking about that setting at 80% would give you 227 miles last week and now the same would give you less like 190 miles at 80% "Charge Complete"?

Yes, when I set the charge level to 80%, I receive the CHARGE COMPLETE message at 190 miles.
To your second question: when I set it at 80%, it stops at the 80% mark but is only 70%.of the miles.
And yes, previously I would regularly receive 227 miles at 80% in prior weeks.

...To your second question: when I set it at 80%, it stops at the 80% mark but is only 70%.of the miles...

That could be due to calculation drift and not because you get less miles.

I think Tesla wants you to charge to 90% daily instead of lower than 90% to minimize the miscalculation.

You might want to get a Service Center appointment so they can sort this out.

Yes, when I set the charge level to 80%, I receive the CHARGE COMPLETE message at 190 miles.
To your second question: when I set it at 80%, it stops at the 80% mark but is only 70%.of the miles.
And yes, previously I would regularly receive 227 miles at 80% in prior weeks.
227 divided by .8 equals 283 miles at 100%.
Sounds way too high for a Model X 75D?

Hmmm....I do remember playing with those options, and not really understanding at all what they meant.
I'll take a look this evening, and if so, will change it to RATED range.
I'll get back to you and thanks either way! I'll also research what each one means (as I should have done initially!)

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks for everyone's input! This morning before I took the usual mass transit to work, I looked at the settings on the car - it was in RATED mode and about 188 miles. I toggled it to IDEAL and the mileage indicated 210! I read up on what they both mean, and decided to keep it at RATED because it would more accurately reflect the 'normal' miles with factors such as weather, weight, etc. considered.

I appreciate everyone's help! This was a good learning experience for me.