Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our x needs 5 cameras. When you got them replaced did you notice any difference in display?
I believe it’s actually 8 cameras (fenders, b-pillars, and the 3-camera array in front). I took my first long drive with my new camera set this weekend and the only thing I noticed was, during light rain, I got the ”poor weather” warning just about every time the wipers came on; even for a one or two swipe wipe. Previously, I would only get this during very heavy rain when the wipers went to ‘warp speed’. The new camera set seems to be much more sensitive and cautious about rainy conditions. Makes me wonder if this retrofit comes with some sort of update which turns off the radar and renders the vehicle as a “vision only” car?

Makes me wonder if this retrofit comes with some sort of update which turns off the radar and renders the vehicle as a “vision only” car?
As they are only doing the camera updates for FSD cars, and as FSD Beta turns off the radar, could be. I can confirm that with FSD Beta that I do get more wiper sensitivity - just doing a quick spray of the washer fluid will momentarily give me the poor weather notification.

Reactions: KentuckyX
Hi @Hoosierdaddi ,

There is a massive FSD Beta release that may be pushed this week. (3/13/2022)

Elon said that if it works out, they may push it to all drivers who have a safety score
of 95 or above...

It should be soon...

Shawn
No luck here...more than 2 months from the camera upgrade. Have 98+ score March 2017 build. (MCU2/HW3)
Is there anyway we can check our car is in the queue to get FSD beta?
I don't even know after they upgraded my car cameras..they put my car in the FSD beta eligible queue or not?
Before camera upgrade...this car was not eligible for FSD eligible queue.

Kman - Have you heard of ANYONE who’s gotten the beta firmware after a camera upgrade? Like you, I am patiently (well, sort of patiently) waiting for the magic to happen.
So far none. Further, only approximately 10 vehicles in Wisconsin have even gotten the camera upgrade. I was around #7.
I know one person got the camera upgrade in December, still no FSD Beta.

Ever since I got FSD BETA on Dec 30 2021, my Autopark has not functioned either Parallel or Perpendicular. Furthermore, the new Tesla Vision Autopark, that only required "white lines" and not parked vehicles on either side of open space, NEVER worked on my December 2016 MX.

I've had my car at the Service Center and they could not get it working. They consulted with the FSD TEAM who supposedly said " There is a known bug in the Autopark software that affects SOME MX vehicles and they are working on it."

I am not a software engineer nor a computer programmer. I would love some of you Software Guys out there to answer this question of mine...Is it logical that a software bug could affect some MX's and not others? I'm on FSD BETA 10.10.2 and is working pretty darn good, except for Autopark. My friend has the exact December 2016 MX configuration as mine, is also on 10.10.2 and his Autopark works great. Is it possible this supposed software bug affects my MX and not my friends.

I have another Service Center appointment on April 5th for this same issue and would appreciate having some feedback from you guys before then.

Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:
…I'm on FSD BETA 10.10.2 and is working pretty darn good, except for Autopark…

I have an early 2021 Model X currently with FSD Beta 10.10.2.

I am not 100% positive, because I don’t use Autopark and therefore am not skilled with it. But I think my Autopark function stopped working, also. Probably when I got FSD Beta (~November 2021) or with an FSD Beta update thereafter.

After I got the car (March 2021), over summer 2021 I think, I did check that Autopark was working, so I know I had it at one point (even if I never used it).

But now I don’t think the Autopark message comes up on the front driver's screen anymore when I drive slowly past parked cars.

Reactions: Saxman
I have an early 2021 Model X currently with FSD Beta 10.10.2...

But now I don’t think the Autopark message comes up on the front driver's screen anymore when I drive slowly past parked cars.

After a long wait I just (04/05/22) received the latest FSD Beta v10.11.2 (within firmware update 2022.4.5.21).

I will try to test Autopark and see if that feature has been restored.

Reactions: Saxman
After a long wait I just (04/05/22) received the latest FSD Beta v10.11.2 (within firmware update 2022.4.5.21).

I tried today in a mostly empty parking lot with parking spaces well-indicated by painted lines, and was unable to activate Autopark--i.e., driving under 5mph no indicator icon appeared on the driver's display.

However, I need to investigate further in a parking lot with more cars present and to check for any pertinent settings (on the central display screen).

I tried today in a mostly empty parking lot with parking spaces well-indicated by painted lines, and was unable to activate Autopark--i.e., driving under 5mph no indicator icon appeared on the driver's display.

However, I need to investigate further in a parking lot with more cars present and to check for any pertinent settings (on the central display screen).
@tps5352

I had my Service Center appointment on April 5th to further determine why my Autopark NEVER functioned after FSDBETA 10.8.

Several weeks prior to my appointment, on FSD 10.2, they asked me to attempt Autopark several times at home,, and use the Video button to record. I did this and they downloaded the logs to analyze the situation. Afterwards they could not determine the problem.

While still on FSD 10.2, on Apr 5th, after the Tech drove my MX, my Service Advisor advised me that they were able to successfully Autopark. I didn't have time to try it myself until the next day.

Coincidentally or not, I downloaded FSD 10.11.2 on Apr 6th. At first I didn't get the "P" for Autopark after a couple of attempts. Then I thought BEFORE I try to Autopark I would engage the Parking icon(with the cone) on the lower left of the MCU2 screen. Voila, after driving slowly past empty spaces, I STOPPED and saw the P icon and the available spot on the MCU2 screen. It then instructed me to put into Reverse, then press Start button.

I have tried this several times and so far so good.

Good luck to you.

...Service Center...to further determine why my Autopark NEVER functioned after FSDBETA 10.8...they could not determine the problem...Then I thought BEFORE I try to Autopark I would engage the Parking icon(with the cone) on the lower left of the MCU2 screen. Voila, after driving slowly past empty spaces, I STOPPED and saw the P icon and the available spot on the MCU2 screen. It then instructed me to put into Reverse, then press Start button...

Yes, "Voila!" Or "Eureka!"

Turns out I do have Autopark. (And you may also.) It's just no longer activated in the way I expected. Big thanks to Saxman for this information.
  1. Before you try to engage Autopark, be sure to have the rear camera view displayed on your center touch screen. (Maybe it works for any camera image--I only tried it using the rear camera image.)

2. Look for the Parking graphic (with traffic cone & radar/sonar icon) in the lower left corner of the camera image.

On-Camera-screen Parking-Cone Symbol Touch that icon to activate "Parking Mode." (My words, not the official name.)

That will put your center screen into that (unusual in my experience) multi-camera mode, with views from the two sides and the rear, and a graphical representation of your car below.

Rear & Side Cameras Parking Mode (Sorry for all the reflections.)
  3. Now drive slowly (used to be <15mph for parallel and <10mph for perpendicular parking spaces) and safely close to the ends or sides of parked cars to the left or right. You should see the ghostly images of parked cars in the center screen display.

Something like this is what used to be displayed on the driver's instrument panel screen (in front of the steering wheel), which is where I've still been looking for it. (I have a Model X.) I guess "Parking Mode" information is no longer displayed there--instead in Models S and X I guess it has been moved to the center screen.

Why? Because the Models 3 and Y don't have a driver's screen. (D'oh!) Tesla must have decided to make its programming tasks a little easier by using just the center display, which all four models have. Make's complete sense. I probably didn't read the release notes carefully and missed this. (Back when? December 2021?)

4. Anyway, you'll see a notice that says whether you have passed an adequately-large empty parking space (or not). If an accessible space is available, it will tell you to enter "Reverse" and to then activate Autopark, which will kick in (as before). All this is now taking place on the enter display screen.
If only I had read the release notes.
D'oH!.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Shaz and Saxman
Are there anyone with 2017 Model X with FSD Beta?

I have a 2017 Model X stuck in software 2021.24.28. I have opted for "Advanced" upgrades. However, I have not got the button to request for FSD upgrade.
I also have a 2022 Model Y. In that I have got the button to request for FSD upgrade and I requested it.
I have got the 2017 Model X eMMC upgraded. It also has upgraded to "Full Self-driving computer". Only upgrade that is pending is the infotainment upgrade. Is this upgrade mandatory for getting the FSD Beta in my 2017 Model X? Does anyone know?

Last edited: