Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2017 Model X 75D for $64000. It has around 73,000km so is close to being out of warranty.

It's a 5 seater option with standard AP but the premium upgrades package, cold weather package, and tow package.

I'm pretty sure it's a great deal.. but since it is so close to it's bumper to bumper warranty ending.. should I bite the bullet and buy?

I have a 2016 S that I am buying out after the lease this week. Total is 43k plus tax.

I will not proceed with extended warranty. It has been kind to me for last four years and will take a leap of faith.

You will do well with the X. All things break, so just enjoy it

Reactions: McFlurri
I’d totally pay the $3900 for 2 years of extended warranty on an X. Current owner needs to do it for you if I understand correctly. Having said that, once the warranty is added it isn’t not much different in price then some of the ‘CPO’ cars.

Also - you sure 75 gives you enough range? If you’re from a 3 the step down from 500 to 350 would be noticeable. Just a thought from someone who’s crunched options as well. :)

Get extended warranty I just switched from S to X and think the X has more places potentially will need replacement (falcon wing door seal, front drive shaft, front motor mount, etc). Range is not gonna be too concerning for you if you don’t drive over 200km per day for ur communte

Get extended warranty I just switched from S to X and think the X has more places potentially will need replacement (falcon wing door seal, front drive shaft, front motor mount, etc). Range is not gonna be too concerning for you if you don’t drive over 200km per day for ur communte

hello

did you get extended warranty now?
You get 4 years buying from Tesla.

tell us your buying experience
I put a deposit on Model S.

Thanks

I’d totally pay the $3900 for 2 years of extended warranty on an X. Current owner needs to do it for you if I understand correctly. Having said that, once the warranty is added it isn’t not much different in price then some of the ‘CPO’ cars.

Also - you sure 75 gives you enough range? If you’re from a 3 the step down from 500 to 350 would be noticeable. Just a thought from someone who’s crunched options as well. :)
This would be a second vehicle for my wife. So the less range isn't a huge issue for her.

I did just find out that the vehicle was rear ended 2 years ago for a total repair of a little over $9,000...

Not sure if i should be seriously worried about that or not...

McFlurri - get a list of items replaced. Someone backed into my X, and the rear bumper cover had to be replaced - 3k!! I wouldnt be shocked if it was all cosmetic (bumper cover, sensors, rear light housing, etc). If it was the rear lift gate, then theres a bit more concern. But I agree - I would get an extended warranty for the X - the gull wing doors are the reason I sold the car. My S, on other hand, i am not getting the warrant on. I just purchased it at the end of the lease (which is a LONG process during COVID!)

• Informative
This would be a second vehicle for my wife. So the less range isn't a huge issue for her.

I did just find out that the vehicle was rear ended 2 years ago for a total repair of a little over $9,000...

Not sure if i should be seriously worried about that or not...
CPO with low mileage and accident or high mileage no accident?
I had a similar question when I was buying mine. Check the poll results, not sure if it's helpful or not though. I ended up with the higher mileage one with no accident history, mostly to avoid surprises when I have to sell in the future.
I do you think you are getting a good deal, but Tesla has lowered the prices pretty significantly for used X on their website. Like I said in the other price drop thread, VIN 39317 was sold at $60400 last Friday. 2017, FSD, AP2, 75k km, PUP and subzero packages. Priced at $69300 the day before it was sold. Not offering a time machine or anything, but just something to compare to.

• Informative