Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x payment for supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But, that also depends on everyone's situation. I am glad that I have free Supercharging with mine - I don't plan to charge at home, ever, as I live next to a Supercharger. Electric rates for me are almost close to the Supercharging rates (average $0.24, versus SC, which I believe is $0.32)... The proximity to the Supercharging station just makes it a no-brainer to charge up there.

Live next to a Supercharger? I Iive 2 miles away, so it is way out of the way for me.

I am hoping to make my home charging free also, if they every get my 9.6 KW of solar installed!!

Live next to a Supercharger? I Iive 2 miles away, so it is way out of the way for me.

I am hoping to make my home charging free also, if they every get my 9.6 KW of solar installed!!

I can walk over to the supercharger from my house.. I just take half an hour whenever I need to charge up.

Not sure if I would say it's free charging for solar, how much is that system going to cost? How long would it take to be ahead of your normal electric rate?

I can walk over to the supercharger from my house.. I just take half an hour whenever I need to charge up.

Not sure if I would say it's free charging for solar, how much is that system going to cost? How long would it take to be ahead of your normal electric rate?

Solar was $25K - 30% tax credit. The breakeven point for the solar is 5 years. Some summer months we get $500+ bills. Since we work from home someone is here close to 24/7. Of course, all of this is theoretical until they get it installed.:)

Solar was $25K - 30% tax credit. The breakeven point for the solar is 5 years. Some summer months we get $500+ bills. Since we work from home someone is here close to 24/7. Of course, all of this is theoretical until they get it installed.:)

Ah, ouch on that bill. Are you getting a Powerwall (or 3) with it as well?

I remember considering Solar City a number of years ago, but, calculations didn't reveal a turnaround point for way too far in the future... With the lower pricing, and that credit still applicable, maybe something I should look back into.

Ah, ouch on that bill. Are you getting a Powerwall (or 3) with it as well?

I remember considering Solar City a number of years ago, but, calculations didn't reveal a turnaround point for way too far in the future... With the lower pricing, and that credit still applicable, maybe something I should look back into.

No powerwall. Just a load of panels, optimizers, and 12K inverter, etc. I wanted specific panels (Panasonic) and specific optimizers and inverters (Solar Edge) so that increased the cost a bit. Got bids from 3 installers and they all came within $4K.

FWIW, Tesla Energy (former Solar City people) was around $50K with 2 powerwalls. They quoted $13K for 1st power wall and 7K for second. But time to install Powerwalls was 9 months+.

Last edited: