Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also having the same issue. Was originally schedule for Wed 12/6 pickup, which was delated to Friday 12/8. Then that got delayed to Saturday 12/9 and of course when Saturday rolled around, I was pushed again to 12/13. However this time around they basically told me it's just a placeholder and they really have no idea when I'll be able to take delivery. Really hard to understand how the firmware engineers cant get this figured out. It shouldn't have taken them longer than 24 hours.

Reactions: SistaBigBones
I am also having the same issue. Was originally schedule for Wed 12/6 pickup, which was delated to Friday 12/8. Then that got delayed to Saturday 12/9 and of course when Saturday rolled around, I was pushed again to 12/13. However this time around they basically told me it's just a placeholder and they really have no idea when I'll be able to take delivery. Really hard to understand how the firmware engineers cant get this figured out. It shouldn't have taken them longer than 24 hours.
This makes story they are giving you makes no sense when others seem to be getting theirs

Ugh! That is so incredibly frustrating. Do you know if your car is on the lot? Can you press them and say something like, my friend was able to take delivery? It seems so weird yours keeps getting pushed back! I called my SC and main line, and texted a gazillion times, if you’re willing to do that? Haha

Ugh! That is so incredibly frustrating. Do you know if your car is on the lot? Can you press them and say something like, my friend was able to take delivery? It seems so weird yours keeps getting pushed back! I called my SC and main line, and texted a gazillion times, if you’re willing to do that? Haha
Yup, my car is on the lot! They sent me pictures of it because there was also a small scratch on the plastic insert in the grill just below the Tesla Logo, but they already ordered that part to swap it so that's just a small issue that doesn't affect delivery.
Trust me, I have pressed them pretty hard, to the point where I got a call from there customer support office apologizing up and down. My pick up is Jacksonville, FL, which I heard is notorious for never really knowing what's going on and some of the worst pick-up experiences in central/north FL.

This makes story they are giving you makes no sense when others seem to be getting theirs
Trust me I'm well aware. I really don't think the Jax, FL service center has a clue about anything. They have been giving me a runaround since the beginning.

Yup, my car is on the lot! They sent me pictures of it because there was also a small scratch on the plastic insert in the grill just below the Tesla Logo, but they already ordered that part to swap it so that's just a small issue that doesn't affect delivery.
Trust me, I have pressed them pretty hard, to the point where I got a call from there customer support office apologizing up and down. My pick up is Jacksonville, FL, which I heard is notorious for never really knowing what's going on and some of the worst pick-up experiences in central/north FL.

Trust me I'm well aware. I really don't think the Jax, FL service center has a clue about anything. They have been giving me a runaround since the beginning.
We take delivery(maybe) Thursday also in Jacksonville, FL after getting rescheduled three times. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: SistaBigBones
I bought a used 2021 S from Tesla last week (vin 427...). Delivery was originally supposed to be today (12/12) then pushed to 12/15. I just now got a call from a real person pushing it to 12/17, but she didn't seem at all confident of that date either. She claimed to not know anything about what the bug is, saying they haven't been told.

We take delivery(maybe) Thursday also in Jacksonville, FL after getting rescheduled three times. Fingers crossed!
I just got a call from Tesla Jacksonville. They've postponed my delivery for tomorrow out to Saturday 12/16 but pretty much told me that they can't even confirm if it will be ready by then. They said they've received zero communication and are in the dark. Something just doesn't seem right about this whole situation.

This is my first Tesla purchase (it's really for my wife, not me) but I can say this has been by far the most frustrating purchase/build i've ever experienced and I've purchased from 4 other manufactures in the past.

I just got a call from Tesla Jacksonville. They've postponed my delivery for tomorrow out to Saturday 12/16 but pretty much told me that they can't even confirm if it will be ready by then. They said they've received zero communication and are in the dark. Something just doesn't seem right about this whole situation.

This is my first Tesla purchase (it's really for my wife, not me) but I can say this has been by far the most frustrating purchase/build i've ever experienced and I've purchased from 4 other manufactures in the past.
Ditto! Although this is my second Tesla (own 2020 MSLR+, new 2023 MXLR). Also for my wife for our 37th anniversary which was 2 weeks ago! Appointment for tomorrow has been postponed for next week now, second time postponed! Ugggh!!!