Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Personalized Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Bonnie and gg_got_a_tesla, I tried at the local DMV to get them held, and they insisted that they be assigned to a vehicle within the next 90 days. I had brought in my truck registration and plates in just in case, and as it turned out, I did have to transfer it over. I guess it is the DMV's way of insuring that people don't just reserve a whole bunch of names to sell off later.

Now the trick is to keep the plates looking new until our Model X arrives.

I'm not sure I understand your post??? There are thousands of perfectly running, properly Deloreans registered in this country. I just sold mine in January.
Whoa ! Thousands, really ? I need to get out more I guess. I was sort of half kidding, but still, my entire experience wrt the DeLorean (in say, the last 20 years) is one collector type guy in a small town up in the hills. A couple of his were running, a couple others had weeds growing up thru the floor.

We have a huge Delorean convention every two years. This year it's in Dayton OH, and I'll be driving my MS there. We get between 100 and 200 Deloreans at each show. It's a blast. Here's a shot from the last show in Florida in 2012:

DCS 2012 - Saturday - GrenexMedia

It's a fun car to have. I just sold mine since I just don't drive it all that much anymore. And I needed to make room for the Model S. :)

image.jpg

Model X personalized plates

I got a wonderful present when I arrived home today! My plate for the Model X arrived!

Hope we can collect pictures of these from all over the world here in a thread.

BEAUTIFUL
MODEL X
I've already got it on my Model S. Trying to decide whether to have the license plate frame on the back or not... or perhaps get a frame to read "MY NEXT TESLA". I think the front deserves the frame.

Front
2014-06-24 18.47.31.jpg

Back
2014-06-24 18.27.19.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ARG.. as soon as I posted it showed the other thread as related! Feel free to merge into the other one...

Hey, Paul. Nice looking plate.
I wish I had another Tesla to put my plate on for now. Right now my "XERO CO2" plate (first pic on the other thread) is mounted on my Ford F-350 diesel truck -- kind of ironic.

Hopefully we will both have our MX's soon.

Ron
Sig# 1015

Hey, Paul. Nice looking plate.
I wish I had another Tesla to put my plate on for now. Right now my "XERO CO2" plate (first pic on the other thread) is mounted on my Ford F-350 diesel truck -- kind of ironic.

Hopefully we will both have our MX's soon.

Ron
Sig# 1015

For sure! I knew I saw that picture, but couldn't find it. Yes, fingers crossed it'll be sooner than later!

Hi Paul, great news! When I met you at the Nelson and Mainland charger you had ordered it with fingers crossed. I can't wait to see a Model X on the streets of Vancouver!
Was a great day... I think you are the only person I told I ordered it! Was great to meet you there & have a great chat about our S experiences! :D