Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid - HW 4 - Ver 2023.12.30 - any ideas when FSD beta will beco0me available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I traded my Model X - that had HW3 - FSD Beta working fine for several months. Picked up the 2023 Model X Plaid - the other day. It has Software version 2023.12.300 --- no FSD beta available. Anyone have any input on timeframe for when I might see FSD beta become available ?

I hope this is posted in the right place .... I am no expert on forums andf apprecate any input.
BHB

Solution
Historically, new Teslas come with a software version that’s separate from the production branch available to existing vehicles. There‘s often a lag time during which your software version will eventually merge with what‘s publicly distributed OTA. As long as you have subscribed/purchased FSD Capability package, the FSDb button become available in due time. Also, whenever you do hit that button/enroll, you may want to hold off updating and watch Tesla Software Updates & Release Notes - Latest Tesla Updates for which versions are FSDb. Since cars can’t seem to be rolled back to previous versions, you’ll need to be on a software version that’s before an FSDb version (which usually lag behind the general production versions). This...
Historically, new Teslas come with a software version that’s separate from the production branch available to existing vehicles. There‘s often a lag time during which your software version will eventually merge with what‘s publicly distributed OTA. As long as you have subscribed/purchased FSD Capability package, the FSDb button become available in due time. Also, whenever you do hit that button/enroll, you may want to hold off updating and watch Tesla Software Updates & Release Notes - Latest Tesla Updates for which versions are FSDb. Since cars can’t seem to be rolled back to previous versions, you’ll need to be on a software version that’s before an FSDb version (which usually lag behind the general production versions). This means you may need to hold off updating when offered a version that’s “above” the current FSDb software version.

Upvote 0
Solution
FSD Beta is in a weird position because it has historically been "behind" the production software versions since it was released. For example, most people with FSD Beta are currently on a 2023.7... branch (I am on 2023.7.10 right now). You cannot update "backwards" so since you are on 2023.12, FSD Beta would have to be on a 2023.12 branch to be sent to your car. However, Tesla recently DID start to roll out FSD Beta to new people with 2023.12.10 (FSD Version 11.3.6), but this is "behind" the 2023.7 branch of FSD Beta (FSD Version 11.4.3+). And Elon just tweeted that FSD Version 11.4.4 would be rolling out soon (lol). It's a pretty confusing situation with no direct communication from Tesla, so it may be a while before you get FSD Beta, or it may be tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I think that most “FSD features” aren’t active on HW4 vehicles yet. Autosteer only started working on my ‘23 Model S a few weeks ago, and I got Vision Park Assist last week. I haven’t bought/subscribed to FSD on this car yet, so no idea if the other “traditional FSD features” are supposed to be working, like Smart Summon, Autopark, etc.

Upvote 0
I took delivery of my model S in April and they assured me that Summon would work. I have enhanced auto pilot. Summons to my dismay is not enabled. I was told today by a service rep that because my vehicle is only camera-based, (bumper sensors and sonar have been eliminated) I am stuck until the software becomes available. I was scammed into taking delivery and now I am stuck and pissed off.
The cameras will supposedly work the summons feature eventually but when? I think Musk is a like PT Barnham; he will promise anything to get you to buy. I was a sucker and should never have traded my 2015 model S with 34000 miles on it for new one. My 2015 had no problems and summons worked perfectly. DO NOT BUY ANY NEW TESLA MODEL. ….

Reactions: KArnold
Upvote 0
So now we have version 2023.20.7 - that has FSD Beta imbedded in it ---- however, the FSD beta is not activated. Oh well - just waiting....
2023.20.7 has FSDb 11.3.6, which does not have HW4 compatibility. The latest FSDb, 11.4.4, is compatible with HW4. So, you are almost there. Hopefully 2023.26.x will have FSDb 11.4.4 and you will be set.

Summon (dumb or dumber) may not yet be available for HW4. It doesn't appear to be available for non-USS Model Y yet.

Upvote 0