Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do any HW4 Vehicles have FSD Beta activated ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2022 Model x - that had FSD Beta activated for a 2023 Model X Plaid - with HW4. Sort of disappointed that I went from a working FSD beta vehicle to one that is "waiting for a future update". Help me understand, have any HW4 vehicles had their FSD Beta activated? Does anyone have any insight on time frame for deployment ? I am on Version 2023.20.9. Thanks for any input - it is appreciated.
BHB

Frankly, given how inaccurate Vision is in detecting close range obstacles, I don’t see how we ever get reliable Summon or Autopark on cars with without USS.
You're assuming Tesla cannot improve detection of close range obstacles. One could just as easily say Tesla knows this and part of the Summon/Autopark release will include vision object detection improvement. We'll just have to wait and see.

Upvote 0
I traded in my 2022 Model x - that had FSD Beta activated for a 2023 Model X Plaid - with HW4. Sort of disappointed that I went from a working FSD beta vehicle to one that is "waiting for a future update". Help me understand, have any HW4 vehicles had their FSD Beta activated? Does anyone have any insight on time frame for deployment ? I am on Version 2023.20.9. Thanks for any input - it is appreciated.
BHB

Potential progress to be confirmed.

Car with HW4 using FSD

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Just took my first drive with FSD Beta on my HW4 Y. I should have driven solo but had my wife as a passenger. Big mistake.

It did every stupid thing one can expect on city streets. I swear a 15 year old kid who just got a learner’s permit could do better. My wife reminded me why she never uses FSD or even basic autopilot. Thank heavens this was an FSD transfer from my old 3 because $15,000 for this product would be a felony😀

Upvote 0
I just traded my y in for an x with hw4. Amazing vehicle but eagerly waiting for the fsd beta update. I'm on .9 now and haven't received .11 yet which I think is the one I need? I'm hoping I'll get it within a week or two!
Congrats on your Model X purchase!
If you have FSD purchased or subscribed, you should get the 2023.26.10 or 2023.26.11 with FSD 11.4.4 within a day or a few days. Make sure your car is connected to WiFi.

Upvote 0
Not sure I would agree with it being That bad. FSD on HW4 still works as before just don’t currently have city street beta. Do hope it comes soon but I find the computer speed, camera resolution etc much better then my 2020.
Couple days ago I subbed to FSD and got 11.4.4 on my HW4 Plaid. Vast improvement I’d say. With regular EAP I kept getting alerts at night about blinded pillar cameras with nothing blinding them from the sides or behind. Now seems those issues are fixed once upgraded.

Upvote 0