Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do any HW4 Vehicles have FSD Beta activated ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2022 Model x - that had FSD Beta activated for a 2023 Model X Plaid - with HW4. Sort of disappointed that I went from a working FSD beta vehicle to one that is "waiting for a future update". Help me understand, have any HW4 vehicles had their FSD Beta activated? Does anyone have any insight on time frame for deployment ? I am on Version 2023.20.9. Thanks for any input - it is appreciated.
BHB

Agreed. I’m about to cancel my FSD transfer for a new Model Y.
Yeah too late for me - took delivery of 2 new MY but now regretting it. Back to 4 years old Navigate on Autopilot which sucks at this point. It’s not just camera resolutions but also their angles that are different, so I’m afraid they don’t even have anything to feed the training data for HW4 at this point - hence the 6 months plus which - even worse - is on Elon time. Happy to be proven wrong and see 11.4.7 working on our machines soon

Upvote 0
Yeah too late for me - took delivery of 2 new MY but now regretting it. Back to 4 years old Navigate on Autopilot which sucks at this point. It’s not just camera resolutions but also their angles that are different, so I’m afraid they don’t even have anything to feed the training data for HW4 at this point - hence the 6 months plus which - even worse - is on Elon time. Happy to be proven wrong and see 11.4.7 working on our machines soon
Not sure I would agree with it being That bad. FSD on HW4 still works as before just don’t currently have city street beta. Do hope it comes soon but I find the computer speed, camera resolution etc much better then my 2020.

Upvote 0
Not sure I would agree with it being That bad. FSD on HW4 still works as before just don’t currently have city street beta. Do hope it comes soon but I find the computer speed, camera resolution etc much better then my 2020.
Fsd beta was a notable improvement for highway driving few months ago (single stack), if you ‘upgrade’ now to HW4 you’re back to a software stack that has not improved in 4-5 years, phantom breaking included. It’s a notable regression, let alone the rest that does not work (autopark, smart summon etc).

Upvote 0
You should hold on to your $100 until you see some AP4 cars on teslafi getting 2023.26.10.
Too late. 🙂 It wasn’t clear to me that I would get a build with FSD Beta if I didn’t actually have the FSD option, so I’m willing to experiment. Besides, TeslaFi can’t always determine which AP computer you have so the absence of HW4 vehicles is not necessarily meaningful.

Upvote 0
it also lacks summon, parking, etc features. It’s unclear if it will take 6 months for those features. At this point, I’m assuming 6 months. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 2virgule5
Upvote 0
Six year old Model X owner here (who just upgraded to a Y with HW4). I’m disappointed too, but not very much.

I’ve lived through this before with HW2 and HW2.5. Trust me - HW3’s days as the lead off hitter are numbered. Maybe 6 months…mid-2024 at most. HW4 is already permeating the fleet with S, X, and especially the high-volume Y. And very soon with the Highland Model 3 *and* Cybertruck. The training data available to Tesla will grow incredibly. And they won’t want FSD Beta not to be available for their flagship pickup or their highest volume sedan and SUV for long.

HW3 is going to get 11.3.7 first and like V12 and Smart Summon first, but that will be the last time it’s getting the very best features first (if at all).

Reactions: zmarty
Upvote 0
there’s actually a few of us on here with HW4 and FSDb. Gigs of data upload frequently, real world data is definitely getting to them.

Upvote 0
Has Elon clarified if summon and parking features will return prior to 6 months? 2023 Tesla owners will have the least capable parking cars in the fleet without USS and a front Camera to make Vision more complete.

I feel terrible for early Cybertruck owners. It is going to be fun parking without USS or reliable Vision readings.

Upvote 0
Has Elon clarified if summon and parking features will return prior to 6 months? 2023 Tesla owners will have the least capable parking cars in the fleet without USS and a front Camera to make Vision more complete.

I feel terrible for early Cybertruck owners. It is going to be fun parking without USS or reliable Vision readings.
The few that received FSDb on HW4 23 cars have auto park till they paused roll out for updates. As for summon, few have used it more then once so other then the “they owe me“ crowd it’s of little concern.

Upvote 0
Just got the FSD Beta on my Model S with HW4! :cool:

IMG_1835.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0