Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do any HW4 Vehicles have FSD Beta activated ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2022 Model x - that had FSD Beta activated for a 2023 Model X Plaid - with HW4. Sort of disappointed that I went from a working FSD beta vehicle to one that is "waiting for a future update". Help me understand, have any HW4 vehicles had their FSD Beta activated? Does anyone have any insight on time frame for deployment ? I am on Version 2023.20.9. Thanks for any input - it is appreciated.
BHB

Does anyone have any insight on time frame for deployment ?
People ask about the timing of future of FSD developments on a regular basis, and the answer is always either a joking "two weeks" or just a straight-up "nobody outside of Tesla knows". We all find out at the same time.

Note that Elon makes predictions all the time. You can ignore those.

Reactions: E90alex
Upvote 0
I think the answer is no or at least mostly no. But TeslaFi shows two HW4 cars on 11.4.4, which seems like they should have FSD Beta. Sorry that I only added to the confusion.😅 I do know that cars like yours and mine that are on the most common current release will have to wait for the FSD Beta releases to catch up to our releases. Given my experience waiting for the Beta on both of my cars two years ago, I am expecting FSD Beta by Christmas on my new Y. But not sure if it will be Christmas 2023 or 2024. (I wish I was kidding.)

Upvote 0
Temporary situation. They will start increasing beta circle on that also till all get it. With compute power of Tesla increasing by the day, it should be available in 2 weeks elon time 😀 ie soonish
That really can't happen as is. 11.3.6 is incompatible with HW4 and 11.4.x is unstable and purposely kept on an older branch of software (23.7.x) so new cars can't get it. New HW4 will need to wait until there is a stable version of 11.4.x before Tesla will move it to a current software branch for the masses. As of now it appears Tesla is struggling to develop a stable branch of 11.4.x with the latest release of 11.4.6 not being stable. So we are waiting on 11.4.7 to be released and then slow rollout and tested, hoping it will be a stable version (I'm sick of 11.4.4) . This means it will likely be best case of at least a month before new HW4 owners have shot of getting it. And this assumes we see 11.4.7 SOON, like yesterday AND it's stable.

Upvote 0
Maybe. But I have faith in the engineering team. Like I said before these are temporary delays. I saw the same issue when I bought my m3p in Aug 2022 w/ fsd. My car was on the non-fsd branch which was ahead of fsd. Just had to wait for a 3-4 weeks for fsd branch to catch up. Once branches are merged, training can start. We are all looking at this (fsd) black box and speculating. But the team has consistently managed fsd branches in the past. Might me some more steps than I laid out above but we will eventually get there. And we have papa Elon's word of by eoy. This time, this time it might be on the money.

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
Upvote 0
Same here, just traded 2018 S100D with FSD for 2023 S LR, opting to transfer the FSD as per new policy supposedly expiring at the end of September.

My new vehicle and my Tesla app confirm that I have FSD, but not the beta, so what I have is presumably very old city driving AP capability.

My new car as delivered to me has release 2023.20.200. There is a newer release 2023.26.10 that includes FSD beta 11.4.4, but TeslaFi is showing no HW4 cars on that release yet. There is a new 11.4.7 release available to Tesla employees so far, but that is with 2023.7.30, an earlier release branch from mine, so as I understand it this won’t be available to my vehicle.

I have been watching this play out for a few months before my trade-in, so my optimist side says “it will be pretty soon now”. I sure hope so, because I miss that city driving beta a lot, it worked quite well in my 2018 vehicle with HW3.

Upvote 0
Same here, traded 2020 MYLR with FSDb for 2023 MYLR on 8/21, opting to transfer the FSD as per new policy. Got the email that the transfer was completed. Now I'm seeing the message about FSDb available on a future release.

I understand the causes of the delay as explained here. but I MISS MY FSDb!

I'm currently on 2023.20.200. I'm wondering if this version (and any other initial software installations) have some sort of diagnostic section that allows Tesla to monitor the car during it's "break in" period. The theory being - after some time/mileage mark is reached without hiccups, Tesla allows the car to join the software update queue?

Upvote 0
My 2023 HW4 Model S has EAP and is on 2023.26.7, which does not include FSD Beta. 2023.26.10, which is newer than what I have, does have FSD Beta 10.4.4, which I understand is compatible with HW4. If I subscribe to FSD, which I plan to do for an upcoming road trip, should I expect to get an update to 2023.26.10 soon after subscribing (not immediately, but maybe within a few days)?

I did have FSD Beta on my previous Model S, and my wife's Model 3 still has it now.

Upvote 0
But will I get an update with FSD Beta code if I don’t have FSD? I’ve had my new S since May 1 and haven’t received any builds with FSD Beta. I was under the impression that I wouldn’t unless I subscribed.
Beta code has been all all your updates it was just 11.3.6 that was incompatible with HW4 so didn't show up as an option.

You will NOT just get FSD for free. The FSD Beta code is included in all updates (repeat) now but you MUST subscribe or buy FSD Capability to get FSD Beta to turn on.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394 and E90alex
Upvote 0
But will I get an update with FSD Beta code if I don’t have FSD? I’ve had my new S since May 1 and haven’t received any builds with FSD Beta. I was under the impression that I wouldn’t unless I subscribed.
FSD beta software has been included in all the general 2023.20.X and 2023.26.X updates so far. But it’s “hidden” so you won’t see any mention of it in the software version unless you have FSD beta active.

Upvote 0