Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid : Track Package and CCBs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having my X plaid for 2 months now I can say, who would track this thing? I just can't envision it, it's not that kind of vehicle IMHO.
Curious as to what your take is on why you wouldn't consider tracking it?

I personally wouldn't track mine either, but I would want the better brakes and the software for thermal management...basically anything that makes the overall experience of ownership better for a vehicle that is capable of such.

Spirited driving and being anble to better accommodate unforeseen emergency issues would quickly pay for the capabilities the track pack allows for, IMHO.

When have you actually experienced a need for "better brakes"?
It's as much want as it is need. My wife's 2022 MYP has better (more confidence inspiring, better pedal feel) brakes on it than my MXP does - and I can confidently say that having logged ample seat time in both vehicles.

Any time that I find myself needing to get into the brake pedal, I always compare the experience to our MYP and I always come away wanting the MXP to be better.

I'd rather have the better brakes and never truly need them than ride around in a vehicle that can easily overpower its own (as it is configured stock at this time).

It's as much want as it is need. My wife's 2022 MYP has better (more confidence inspiring, better pedal feel) brakes on it than my MXP does - and I can confidently say that having logged ample seat time in both vehicles.

Any time that I find myself needing to get into the brake pedal, I always compare the experience to our MYP and I always come away wanting the MXP to be better.

I'd rather have the better brakes and never truly need them than ride around in a vehicle that can easily overpower its own (as it is configured stock at this time).
"Easily overpower"
What were the conditions where you found that you "easily" overpowered your brakes?

How many times have you triggered the conservative brake temp warning light?

And how often after the warning light did you actually experience any brake fade? And if so, what race track were you on?

"Easily overpower"
What were the conditions where you found that you "easily" overpowered your brakes?

How many times have you triggered the conservative brake temp warning light?

And how often after the warning light did you actually experience any brake fade? And if so, what race track were you on?
I don't feel like I ever have overpowered the brakes (per your questions above) and as such I've not seen the warning light and I wasnt on any track.

But in comparing my two Teslas, side-by-side, the braking feel on the X is nowhere near as good as the Y Perf - that I can say 100% due to experience. The X feels "underserved" as the Y will clamp right down and the brakes haul the car to a stop in a very confident manner. The X doesn't feel the same way, so any upgrade to the braking configuration will be welcome.

I full-well realize what you're getting at and I'm not disagreeing with any of it - but I know what I feel in both the cars and the X needs (deserves) better than what it has. Is that "better" going to be offered by Tesla? That's what I thought we were here to discuss. Nothing against the 3rd-party options, but if I'm going to spend money, I'd rather it be the upgraded OEM solution with the software integration.