Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cut by $2000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Website changed again. Est. Delivery now says June, and they changed the interior option buttons to show the seat and the wood color:
upload_2019-5-24_8-31-42.png
upload_2019-5-24_8-30-55.png

Website changed again. Est. Delivery now says June, and they changed the interior option buttons to show the seat and the wood color:
View attachment 411519View attachment 411518

If I remember correctly, April 23 was the date that the configuration page changed from April to May estimate last month as well. I was checking it daily. So, I don’t believe the delivery date has anything to do with anything other than (probably) internal coding which states (pseudo code) on the 23d of this month, estimate delivery for next month.

Now begins OT diatribe on delivery dates. (Snicker)

Also, I started seeing articles last week that Elon is forecasting a push to beat previous delivery numbers. Of course - the articles only talk about the M3. I suspect with it’s fast production rate, layoffs in the past couple quarters, declining sales and closing night operations of the MX line in 2019Q1 that the high end vehicles are on the way out. So, probably not a whole lot of focus at the upper echelons for the MS and MX.

I also keep watching the delivery spreadsheet thread and it just doesn’t seem like the S/X are being delivered. With the exception of EE who picked his up last night. That delivery and the VIN assignment kinda blow the homologation theory out the window. It also leaves the rest of us scratching our heads regarding delivery dates which are all over the place with no apparent rhyme or reason. This is not to say that I believe everyone who ordered a vehicle adds it to the sheet, or even keeps the sheet updated after the fact. But, there is probably some appropriate ratio across those spectrums. 1 in x add to the sheet and 1 in y keep it updated. Over time a fairly accurate approximation can be made.

I get it, from a business end having customers always asking about when my car will get here drives interest, website hits, and so on. But there is also a lot to be said about managing the expectations of your customer by giving them at least a little insight as to what is going on.

All that said, I refresh a couple times an hour - and still hope for a call from my DS saying come get it. It’s only been 3.5 weeks since the order after all. I can’t image what its like for folks who wait months.

no these are the pre refresh cars. look at the EPA rating 237 and 295

Tesla doesn't have updated ratings for the refreshed cars that are up on the website, so they list 295 but are actually the new 325 cars.

Case in point: This Model X for sale from new inventory:

ModelX.PNG

Is the same one I test drove on Thursday:

IMG_20190523_122903.jpg
IMG_20190523_122849.jpg

And it was a new refreshed model, you can see it's got 285 miles charge left after 90% charge + ~6 miles of my test drive. Not sure why Tesla doesn't have the listings properly done on their site, seems like they'd sell better if people knew they were refresh'd just by looking at the EPA.

ok that makes sense but there are still cars like this one that have the old suspension and many others that have sold that did not have free supercharging

2019 Model X | Tesla

pretty sure all the old spec inventory cars added after the free supercharging announcement did not have it included

new inventory at the moment is close to zero

Yeah I was tracking new inventory on ev-cpo. When they announced there were 195 new model x inventory vehicles. Today there are 16. No matter the value of free supercharging, it sure can move vehicles. I ordered a new Raven Model X Performance 3 weeks ago, still no information about delivery.

Reactions: EV-CPO