Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X raffle - 2017 75D - Tickets $75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC members!

I have browsed these forums in the past but never posted, now I would like to share a raffle with you guys, in support of a Bay Area school I attended from K-8 many years ago:)

A family at the school donated this 2017 Model X 75D for raffle to raise money for the school. All the details can be found here: http://waldorfpeninsula.org/wp-content/pdf/2017WSPRaffleCompleteInformation62017a.pdf
Unfortunately, California is very strict with its raffle rules, so this is only eligible to CA residents and we have to go old school with the order form or calling into the school directly to place your order.

Single Tickets at $75
5 Pack of Tickets at $350
10 Pack of Tickets at $675
(with maximum 6,000 tickets sold)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about the vehicle or the raffle, I will try my best to answer them. And any questions about the school are also welcome:) Home - Waldorf of Peninsula

upload_2017-9-1_17-32-5.png

Unfortunately, California is very strict with its raffle rules, so this is only eligible to CA residents and we have to go old school with the order form or calling into the school directly to place your order.
View attachment 245166

Hi, @Bay_Area_Fan,

Can you please point me to applicable California regulation or law that limits eligibility to CA residents only?

Good luck with your raffle!

Thanks,
Alan

Hi, @Bay_Area_Fan,

Can you please point me to applicable California regulation or law that limits eligibility to CA residents only?

Good luck with your raffle!

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan!

Got some clarity on that, it's not that California restricts it, however the school would need to comply with every states' different rules and laws for raffles and as a small school they don't have the bandwidth to do so, so they kept it to California only. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the support!

Hi, @Bay_Area_Fan,

Thanks for the quick response!

Far be it for me to suggest how anyone operate their raffle, and I most certainly am not an attorney of any kind, but I suspect that if the school genuinely believes the statement you have supplied, it may not be getting the best legal counsel. A thought, perhaps, for a future event.

I certainly wish them and you the greatest of success for what looks to be a worthy cause!

Best regards,
Alan

Hi, @Bay_Area_Fan,

Thanks for the quick response!

Far be it for me to suggest how anyone operate their raffle, and I most certainly am not an attorney of any kind, but I suspect that if the school genuinely believes the statement you have supplied, it may not be getting the best legal counsel. A thought, perhaps, for a future event.

I certainly wish them and you the greatest of success for what looks to be a worthy cause!

Best regards,
Alan

Thanks Alan, duly noted, I will pass that on to the powers that be:) I know the school has done several smaller raffles in the past, but this is definitely the most exciting one to date! And most of the work for fundraising is done by friends and family volunteering their time.

Again, thanks for the support, feel free to pass this on to any friends you may have in the golden state:)

I'm in the neighborhood. Can I just buy a ticket in person?

yes, absolutely!
there are two campuses, so whichever is more convenient for you:

Mountain View (Monday through Friday: 7:45 am – 4 pm):
180 N. Rengstorff Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043

Los Altos (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 8 am – 4 pm ; Thursday: 8 am – 1 pm):
11311 Mora Drive
Los Altos, CA 94024

thank you!

Reactions: stan23
yes, absolutely!
there are two campuses, so whichever is more convenient for you:

Mountain View (Monday through Friday: 7:45 am – 4 pm):
180 N. Rengstorff Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043

Los Altos (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 8 am – 4 pm ; Thursday: 8 am – 1 pm):
11311 Mora Drive
Los Altos, CA 94024

thank you!

i'm heading there today to buy tickets. Where do I go? Don't want to randomly roam around a school ;)

i'm heading there today to buy tickets. Where do I go? Don't want to randomly roam around a school ;)

haha fair point. both should have signage for the offices.
for the Los Altos campus, the office is right up front, when you walk from the parking lot towards the front of the campus, its the first and second doors to the left of the open walkway that goes into the campus.
for the Mountain View one, the office faces out onto Rengstorff, so accessible from the sidewalk. if you need to park, the parking lot is around the back of the building, so drive in by the sign and then walk around to the street side again. the office is inside to the right.

hope that helps! thanks!

Reactions: stan23